Peyton Manning 16 Saloon Opens Today

Last edited:
Peyton needs to take a lesson from Shaq when it comes to business.

Is that lesson a reference to Shaq's inexpensive, accessible line of Jordan-inspired footwear? I get what you're saying, but politely disagree in this context.

Graduate Hotels is a nationwide chain, and Saloon 16 is merely the restaurant of one of its 30+ outposts and is just as much a venture of theirs as it is Manning's. If Peyton were opening up a chain of similarly-themed restaurants across the state/country, I definitely agree that it would behoove him to be a little more approachable. Unfortunately, space at Saloon 16 is limited and it's likely more beneficial to have a smaller number of patrons paying a higher price than a huge crowd spending less money.

All other restaurants at Graduate properties have similarly-sparse menus, though I expect that the ongoing pandemic has impacted the beer list and would be surprised if they don't get some local/national craft drafts at some point. Either way, I agree that a $6 Bud Light seems absurd at a casual dining restaurant in Knoxville but I would imagine that the restaurant's goal in 2021 is to expressly not compete with Hanna's/Half Barrel on game day and instead provide a slightly more "upscale" atmosphere (and, to that end, I'd probably kick the prices up a bit more and have a super limited menu on fall Saturdays).

In any event, I think that this is objectively the coolest Graduate hotel in terms of being "school-themed" but wonder if its location on the strip as opposed to downtown is going to be a disservice for the 30+ weekends a year that the hotel's proximity to Neyland and Thompson-Boling isn't a selling point.

A six dollar draft beer....come on Peyton. It better be a extra large one.
Yes, shocking. Last time I was in Canada, I paid $ 10 for a beer and got sticker shock over it. Canada packs the cost of all their "free" medical care into just about everything you buy and they love to tax alcohol, plus their provinces run all the liquor stores and pot sales. Despite this, they're still all broke and out of money.

Yes, shocking. Last time I was in Canada, I paid $ 10 for a beer and got sticker shock over it. Canada packs the cost of all their "free" medical care into just about everything you buy and they love to tax alcohol, plus their provinces run all the liquor stores and pot sales. Despite this, they're still all broke and out of money.

Canada is a dream country, ask any hollywood elitist

VN Store

Back