Announcement on schedule dates/kickoff times?

Vfl2407

I realize a lot of things are still up in the air about this season.
However, I don’t know why it’s taking so long for the SEC office to announce which order the 10 games will be played for each teams revised schedules.
The tv networks need that info first before they can set starting times.

However, I don’t know why it’s taking so long for the SEC office to announce which order the 10 games will be played for each teams revised schedules.
I suspect it is taking this long because a lot of things are still up in the air about this season.😉

I know why! Cough *covid*. Cough *liability*. Cough *awaiting other conferences to see if they want to join up for one season to show out the sissy big and pac 10*

The SEC appears to be full steam ahead with the season, but I would assume that they want to be 100% positive that nothing short of a massive outbreak at each school will force their hand into cancellation (i.e. the schools/conference are completely comfortable with any liability issues) before they announce a schedule.

If you think the Big Ten backlash from canceling six days after releasing their schedule was bad, imagine how things would go if Tennessee and Alabama had to backtrack right after releasing their dates.

You realize during a normal season the TV schedule isn't set until 12 days (The Monday Prior) out. They got this.

Since the extra games are known, seems the schedule would just fall out. You know they had to put all that down on paper just to figure which teams could be available on any given weekend.
i suggest a contest. Put down your best guess of the schedule and see who gets it right!

They need to get UGA, Bama, and LSU happy with the schedule order first before sharing with the rest of the league
I fear that this is the true answer.
When, oh when, will the SECoffice Moveout of Birmingham either to Charlotte where the SEC Network is based or to Atlanta where it holds most of its championships.

I fear that this is the true answer.
When, oh when, will the SECoffice Moveout of Birmingham either to Charlotte where the SEC Network is based or to Atlanta where it holds most of its championships.

They will move out of B'ham when a school consistently upends Bama on the football field and has the political clout to force the move, much like the Gators did in moving the SEC Championship game out of Legion Field in the early 90s...

Your last statement would be my answer: they are currently negotiating with the networks about starting times/dates. TV revenue is the driver for the SEC here, now and forevermore....which is a good thing for all of us. Can you imagine what the ratings will be if/when we have college football on TV again?

Commissioner Saban has this on his 'To-Do' list this weekend.

He needs to overcome the whinning of Deputy Commissioner Flobee first.

The SEC still hasn't released a full schedule. Is this an indication that they're just holding out to be the center of attention, before eventually cancelling?

Could be negotiating something bigger. You wouldn't want to release the schedule only to change everything a week or two later.

They are likely waiting on the Bammers and Georgia to submit their preferred schedules first.

Reactions: 24/7vol

VN Store

Back