Will Title IX be the nail in the coffin for 2020 football?

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
With the NCAA announcement of no fall championships that means no women's sports.
Does this now mean that with FBS still moving forward it places those participating universities in a situation of creating a Title IX infraction?
Would those infractions and pending lawsuits shutdown the colleges wanting to play in the fall?

Emmert: No NCAA championships for fall sports

With the NCAA announcement of no fall championships that means no women's sports.
Does this now mean that with FBS still moving forward it places those participating universities in a situation of creating a Title IX infraction?
Would those infractions and pending lawsuits shutdown the colleges wanting to play in the fall?

If their scholarships are still honored, I don't know that female athletes would have a Title IX claim.

No, Title IX does not come into play there because the teams and scholarships still exist. It's not based on season, it's based on academic year.

Thanks...as always a wealth of knowledge on Volnation.
I wasn't totally aware how it worked and got into that discussion with a friend today.

Bring on the football !!!

Reactions: DeerPark12

O LORD!!!! More fodder for lawyers!!!!!

I don't believe not having championships will affect it, but if they start paying football players the chaos will be unimaginable. A lawyer' bonanza.

All of this virus hysteria is so unnecessary and over hyped it is beyond belief.

O LORD!!!! More fodder for lawyers!!!!!
That was my initial reaction as well...so I started the thread to gain more knowledge from folks that are more knowledgeable than myself.

Sounds like it won't be an issue because the women's teams are still intact and receiving the same benefits (scholarships, etc.) as the football men.

Reactions: savannahfan
That was my initial reaction as well...so I started the thread to gain more knowledge from folks that are more knowledgeable than myself.

Sounds like it won't be an issue because the women's teams are still intact and receiving the same benefits (scholarships, etc.) as the football men.

You, I, and most will not have to suffer the broad interpretation of T-9 much longer as it will be gobbed up by the monster known as HR.

Reactions: IndianaVol

I ,don’t think so. Women will still be on scholarships. Playing football will help insure that funds will be available to fund those scholarships in the future. Without football’s income, none of women’s sports. That would exist with the possible exception of basketball which may Be able to fund that program at the current level. Of course, all sports could be supported by Federal, State, and Local Tax $$$, but I doubt that ever happens. States and Localities are already in financial trouble.

Reactions: IndianaVol

without football there are no title ix sports

VN Store

Back