WRs problem

Nocleats

According to Coach Pruitt, the WRs were particularly hard hit with Knox County Health Dept. contact tracing as there were only 4 scholarship WRs available over last 2 weeks.. in a season where Vols are replacing Their main WRs and timing and trust being so much of the passing game this is not good. Talent alone won’t work in SEC..

According to Coach Pruitt, the WRs were particularly hard hit with Knox County Health Dept. contact tracing as there were only 4 scholarship WRs available over last 2 weeks.. in a season where Vols are replacing Their main WRs and timing and trust being so much of the passing game this is not good. Talent alone won’t work in SEC..
Morris
Smith
Kennedy
Mays
Wright

Said there is no issues as will not need to throw it much!

Our WR's will be better this year than last. It's gonna be cool.
No a chance. JJ was out of this world good for most of last year and Marquez had great moments as well. They were both big, strong and among SEC elite. This new group of WRs are very talented and fast as hell, but there’s just no way they’ll be better than JJ/Callaway and company last year.

No a chance. JJ was out of this world good for most of last year and Marquez had great moments as well. They were both big, strong and among SEC elite. This new group of WRs are very talented and fast as hell, but there’s just no way they’ll be better than JJ/Callaway and company last year.
Maybe not the top two but I think the top 4/5 will be a stronger group. Last year defenses would prioritize coverage on Marquez and JJ but they may not be able to do it this year.

Not so sure about that. Speed solves a lot of problems.

Maybe not the top two but I think the top 4/5 will be a stronger group. Last year defenses would prioritize coverage on Marquez and JJ but they may not be able to do it this year.
Why?
Having great WR's doesn't mean anything without a good delivery system for them.
And we sure as hell ain’t got that.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Not so sure about that. Speed solves a lot of problems.
It helps, but it doesn’t make you run correct, crisp routes, or help you get in sync with your QB, or catch balls in tight windows or he able to catch balls in crowds/make combat catches. Excited that we have speed now, but Jennings was special, especially with yards after catch. Gonna take a lot to come close to matching that. Then throw in Marquez who averaged 21 yards a catch which was second in the league. We got a lot to replace, and I’m very doubtful that a bunch of (fast) freshmen and a couple of #3 WRs (Palmer and B. Johnson) can do it.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
It helps, but it doesn’t make you run correct, crisp routes, or help you get in sync with your QB, or catch balls in tight windows or he able to catch balls in crowds/make combat catches. Excited that we have speed now, but Jennings was special, especially with yards after catch. Gonna take a lot to come close to matching that. Then throw in Marquez who averaged 21 yards a catch which was second in the league. We got a lot to replace, and I’m very doubtful that a bunch of (fast) freshmen and a couple of #3 WRs (Palmer and B. Johnson) can do it.
Idk who starts but Hyatt is a pretty crisp route runner from what I’ve seen and Palmer is pretty good at contested catches himself. I think Palmer will be a pleasant surprise personally

Don't mean to sound critical of JJ and MC. They were good receivers who knew how to use their bodies and go get the ball. We've just missed having a 4.4 guy on the outside that can command help and affect a formation.

Nah, we have no problems in the WR department.

Josh Palmer is NFL caliber. Brandon Johnson is solid, if not (yet) spectacular. This may be his year to shine. And some of the young guys are really going to impress, I think.

No problem. We just have to get the ball to them in ways that they can capitalize.

I don't care how we win as long as we win that way we actually have a legit understanding of where we are and what we actually need to work on. Honestly with how most games are going I don't see us blowing them out and I see us having issues but they should or most of the issues will be corrected before the mizzou game

VN Store

Back