First "offensive" drive of the game/season

FBtime

Well we can hope the first offensive drive of the game will be better than the last two years. Versus West Virginia we have the missed assignment from OL on the first play and JG is crushed on a backwards pass which killed the drive. WV drives down and get a FG. Versus Georgia State we have Chandler not handling the swing pass from JG on the 2nd play and he bobbles it up and it is intercepted. They drive for a TD. I hope we win the toss and defer but either way I would love points on the first drive, even a FG, to set the tone. I think we will need to start with some short easy completions to get JG going and loosen up their front 7 a little because they do have a good defense/DL. Chandler had a pretty good game against them last year (16-78) so I am confident that running room will be there but we will have to prove we can throw. As an aside I think while of course we will miss Jennings and Calloway the improved speed of this year's starters will help in getting better separation leading to more opportunities.

PS if you turn this into a JG argument thread...I will CUT you! :D

Take the kickoff in the endzone, touchback.
Eric Gray over the left side, 75-yd TD.

First offense play will be hand off to Chandler.. He will cut right behind Carvin and Wright for a nice gain! Second play will be the same.. Third play will be a pass to Palmer for a nice gain. Forth play will unfortunately be a incomplete pass but cause of a PI defense.. Next play will be a dump pass over center to Chandler... He scores! TD Tennessee!

Did I do this right?

GoVols!

Unless they try to loosen USCe up with a PA deep ball... I would not be surprised if UT doesn't run on the first 5 or 6 plays.

Probably the only that we can rely on this year if our O line is as good as they say it will be.

I hope all of these come true. Realistically I think Chandler to the right side for 4 yards. In my dreams, play action fake to Chandler and hits Palmer streaking down the sideline for 45 yards. Hurries the team to the line to handoff to Chandler for 20 more. SC on their heels has confusion on the line and Gaurantano hands to Chandler to punch it in from the 5.

If we start out on our own 25: get one first down and then a penalty and 3 downs and punt. Chaney plays it safe on first series with JG that far in our territory. If SC gets ball first first and our D gets a 3 & out and we get the ball around our own 40, then Chaney may go deep and open it up. Hope #2 happens.

Penalty for breaking the huddle with 12 men on the field. 1st & 15
Burn a TO because playclock is counting down.
False start by OL. 1st & 20
Handoff for a 9 yard gain. 2nd & 11
Handoff for 8 yard gain. 3rd & 3....now we're rolling
Incomplete pass (Deep fade...the go-to in short yardage). 4th & 3

We win toss, defer, SC rushes twice for three yards total, then, throws an interception to Bryce Thompson, who takes it to the house.

I think our defense scores as much as our offense. (Just guessin')
Maybe I've just missed him in the videos, but I haven't seen Bryce Thompson in the practice videos this week. Even when they were filming DB reps. I really hope he's playing Saturday.

Penalty for breaking the huddle with 12 men on the field. 1st & 15
Burn a TO because playclock is counting down.
False start by OL. 1st & 20
Handoff for a 9 yard gain. 2nd & 11
Handoff for 8 yard gain. 3rd & 3....now we're rolling
Incomplete pass (Deep fade...the go-to in short yardage). 4th & 3
You think we get off to that good of a start?

VN Store

Back