Early Returns Indicate Cade Mays

Last edited:
It did not load in the first oost

it did not show up on the first post. I see it now. That is one play. How did he grade in PFF for the complete game?
I haven't seen the grades for the Bama game yet but the grades for the UGA game are from the Rocky Top Talk article linked above.

Actually I thought Cade played a ton better yesterday. And the OL played better as a unit too. Alabama is a tough matchup. A friend kept texting me during the game complaining how we were giving up so many yards to Harris. Finally I had to text him and state the obvious..."You do realize this guy is probably in the running for the Heisman Trophy and isn't that much smaller than some of the guys chasing him...and he's a lot faster". Now I was disappointed at the amount of tackles we missed....I think UNOFFICIALLY I count 5 on one run play....but that great defense from Georgia had several against Alabama too.

I watched the game. The OL was decent yesterday in pass protection and run blocking. Our problem was the conservative offensive gameplan and defensive fundamentals and missed assignments in the secondary.
Truthfully, if we hadn't have gotten routed by Kentucky the week before, yesterday wouldn't have bothered me that bad, JG played one of his better games yesterday and Eric Gray ran hard minus the fumble. Hyatt also seems to be a true deep threat, but on the whole Bama just outclassed us with their offense and we never had any real hope of winning the game. I am perhaps being unduly harsh on Cade, I know it does take time for OL's to jel sometimes, but I saw this video and it reminded me of what seems to be a constant theme with many of our teams during this horrible stretch, all of the talent potential in the world means nothing if it doesn't translate to play on the field. I really hope we can buckle down, we've got 5 games left and none of them are unwinnable but none of them are gimmies either except maybe Vandy.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I watched the game. The OL was decent yesterday in pass protection and run blocking. Our problem was the conservative offensive gameplan and defensive fundamentals and missed assignments in the secondary.

Pass protection was somewhere between decent and good. Run blocking was not good. Bama was really vanilla with their defensive calls yesterday so they didn't have to expose some of our weaknesses with protections in pass protection. Our offensive gameplan was hot garbage.

No arguments about the defensive comments you raised.

Pass protection was somewhere between decent and good. Run blocking was not good. Bama was really vanilla with their defense yesterday so they didn't have to expose some of our weaknesses with protections in pass protection. The gameplan was hot garbage.

No arguments about the defensive comments you raised.
We ran well at times. We did not run well when it was predictable that a run play was called and Alabama loaded the box.

Truthfully, if we hadn't have gotten routed by Kentucky the week before, yesterday wouldn't have bothered me that bad, JG played one of his better games yesterday and Eric Gray ran hard minus the fumble. Hyatt also seems to be a true deep threat, but on the whole Bama just outclassed us with their offense and we never had any real hope of winning the game. I am perhaps being unduly harsh on Cade, I know it does take time for OL's to jel sometimes, but I saw this video and it reminded me of what seems to be a constant theme with many of our teams during this horrible stretch, all of the talent potential in the world means nothing if it doesn't translate to play on the field. I really hope we can buckle down, we've got 5 games left and none of them are unwinnable but none of them are gimmies either except maybe Vandy.
We will be underdogs now in every game but Vandy. IMO. Vandy is not a gimmie now.

Overreacting
It's what we do after a loss.
After 3 losses in a row, even if 2 of those were to teams no sane person thought we could compete with, this forum comes alive with arm chair coaches, basement dwelling coordinators, ex high school jocks, and key board warriors. All think they understand modern college football.
Overreacting?? Absolutely.
One must enjoy it for the wonderful entertainment that it provides. Our fanatics are second to none in the level of crazy. We always have that.

It's what we do after a loss.
After 3 losses in a row, even if 2 of those were to teams no sane person thought we could compete with, this forum comes alive with arm chair coaches, basement dwelling coordinators, ex high school jocks, and key board warriors. All think they understand modern college football.
Overreacting?? Absolutely.
One must enjoy it for the wonderful entertainment that it provides. Our fanatics are second to none in the level of crazy. We always have that.

Fahr Tater!!!

VN Store

Back