Marquez Callaway led the Saints in receiving today

With the Saints' top 2 receivers out, Marquez Callaway stepped up and became the #1 WR for Drew Brees and my Saints today.

8 catches for 75 yds

On one of the touchdown drives, every single pass went to him: 5 targets, 4 catches, 47 yds

Also had a TD called back on an iffy OPI from another WR. (The announcers and even the mighty Dean Blandino disagreed with the call.)

Our current #3 WR, Trequan Smith, has been disappointing this year in Michael Thomas's absence, and Callaway absolutely outclassed him today, so he might be on his way up soon. A steal for the team and an "I told you so" for me, who told my saints friends he was a steal as an UDFA

Good to see Callaway making the most of his opportunity in New Orleans. Kamara was right behind him.

View attachment 317868
he is an amazing talent just had some red flags in individual testing at the combine that hurt him. Due to Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and others those off the field tests mean a lot to teams.

I didn't see the game, but Drew Brees gave Marquez a shoutout in the post-game interview, as well. That's a pretty good endorsement right there.

Both Callaway and Kamara had big games.

Did Brees also issue another apology for his initial stance against kneeling?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtnvol80
couldnt figure out why he wasnt drafted high. was a vastly underrated player for us, I think.

Butch recruits starting everywhere. If nothing else, shows he recruited well here. Saints started 3 former Vols: Kamara, Callaway and Tuttle. Moseley starts for SF. Sutton starts for Pitt.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back