Does Tennessee ever achieve relevance in the SEC East?

Does Tennessee ever become a relevant team in the SEC again?

• No

Votes: 134 45.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 163 55.4%

• Total voters
We are way behind Bama. 3 years after Pruitt said he would get 25 to compete. He has another year to have his team.

It may be a minute...but I say yea.

Once the “right” coach comes along.....or heck even a couple “right” players. Tennessee just needs some wins and a new season to be on track. If the right coach or a few players come along who can get Tennessee over the hump and beat Georgia and Florida.....bam.

I’m hoping for “right coach”......see Dobbs and Butch as to why Right coach would be preferred over right player.

Reactions: igotworms
Ever is like, forever.

Yes, it is, Freak. And though for all intents and purposes, my Vols fandom might be viewed as on hold, ripped to shreds, or perhaps even receiving friends and picking pall bearers. I have lived in this state my entire life. Most of you do or have as well. And whether you are all in, over it, and one of those who respond, "Well that's nice." when the Vols do well? It sucks ass when they don't. Unless of course you are a Commodores fan. And who gives a damn what they think about anything?

I have three things I am hoping will happen that I hope coincides with a return to relevancy for the Vols. There are more, but they are not tied directly to the Football program. First, I hope Kesling retires. When he got the job to replace the "real" Voice of the Vols, it was the season after the last national championship. And not only have they fallen short ever since? You know the history. Losing stinks enough, but his bland contribution just makes it tougher. Second, I have said it before, but I await Fulmer stepping away. I read somewhere on here that some believe both he and Pruitt come on here. If so, GOOD. I hope the whole freakin state reads this. Some may agree with his decisions, but he simply doesn't have the pull or the wisdom to lead this University's sports programs.

Third, I hope somebody develops a helmet that makes (excuse me while I grab the mouthwash) the t-a-r-g-e-t-i-n-g penalty become a sad footnote in the history of college football, and is set aside. This ain't football.

It may be a minute...but I say yea.

Once the “right” coach comes along.....or heck even a couple “right” players. Tennessee just needs some wins and a new season to be on track. If the right coach or a few players come along who can get Tennessee over the hump and beat Georgia and Florida.....bam.

I’m hoping for “right coach”......see Dobbs and Butch as to why Right coach would be preferred over right player.

We are a good qb away from being competitive. Leading Ga going into 3rd qtr, and jg happened, team has not been the same since then. jg sucks the life out of the team.

We are Vandy now..We have become that team that once was good and now everybody likes beating us because of that...We have become irrelevant and its a sickening feeling.

We are a good qb away from being competitive. Leading Ga going into 3rd qtr, and jg happened, team has not been the same since then. jg sucks the life out of the team.
The defense lost us the Alabama game. I haven’t seen us get absolutely trucked like that since 2012, it was truly shameful. Bama looked like they were running half speed and their RB would still fall forward for 5 yards nearly every run. Our “tackling” looked more like reaching for flags in flag football.

I sure would like to see a different QB going forward. I believe he has given all for Tennessee. I would just like to see if a different QB’s all could generate more wins or JG could come off the bench and help get the win. The current conditions don’t seem to generate enough offense to get us wins.

I am beginning to wonder
In all honesty...no. I hate it SO bad to say it...but I feel it's 100% fact. The SEC has changes so much and TN has simply been down too long. Today's recruits never remember TN being "TN"...and they aren't interested in "history of the program".. I'll go so far as to say if Fulmer doesn't get things fixed before he hangs it up for good...it's not going to get fixed.

Yes.

Tennessee was a 4th and 14 play away from winning the division in 2015.

Florida and Georgia are 100x better than they were then so... Unless there's a major scandal against one of those teams, nah.

We are Vandy now..We have become that team that once was good and now everybody likes beating us because of that...We have become irrelevant and its a sickening feeling.
Like vandie? Harrumph! Winning out (including FL) makes the Vols relevant in the East! Tall order? Yeah...but possible.

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back