JG 13 of 24 for 164 against Alabama

amavol2

Does anyone believe this Tennessee team has a chance of wining with these numbers?
We have two third down backs that go down usually after the first hit, while our opponents backs drag our linemen for yards after contact. Henry T didn’t have his best game and he is our best defender.

Does anyone believe this Tennessee team has a chance of wining with these numbers?
We have two third down backs that go down usually after the first hit, while our opponents backs drag our linemen for yards after contact. Henry T didn’t have his best game and he is our best defender.

Henry T is a run stopping true sophomore that still needs to develop his pass defense skills. He will get abused some this season because he hasn’t learned to pull off on some of his run stuffing aggression.

He put at least 4 more where they had to be and receivers did not make the plays.... He cannot create more separation. Two to 80 and two to 5 I remember at this time... Betcha the two guys we had last year would have caught those long sideline throws...

28 of 46 for 302, Eric Ainge in 2006 against Alabama in our last win. JG might not have hurt us but he didn’t make the difference to have chance to win. I think Pruitt is playing so conservative it will be hard to beat any quality team. If you are afraid to let your QB throw across the middle he shouldn’t be your QB. Tennessee defense got shredded across the middle. We are not aggressive enough!

Last edited:
So what the solution guys?

Evidently we have soft running back that cant break tackles or long runs, an overrated oline that cant open holes or protect against edge rushers, a non existant tight end, and receivers that can not get separation.

So we throw a in quarterback with limited game experience and devise an intricate game play & expect execution? Or....

Throw in a quarterback with limited game experience and dummy down the game plan - and expect our soft RBS to all of a sudden get huge runs. That overrated offense line to start protecting and opening up big holes. A tight end that the defense actually has to account for. And our wide receivers all of a sudden separating and making plays? All based of skills alone, because we have to have a vanilla game plan?

Reactions: camp_steveo
JG certainly didn’t play a bad game.....but it sure looked like the coaches didn’t trust him to try and actually win....or compete.

also not saying that is entirely his fault.....if he’s starting he should be given full reign.

28 of 46 for 302, Eric Ainge in 2006 against Alabama in our last win. JG might not have hurt us but he didn’t make the difference to have chance to win. I think Pruitt is playing so conservative it will be hard to beat any quality team. If you are afraid to let your QB throw across the middle he shouldn’t be you QB. Tennessee defense got shredded across the middle. We are not aggressive enough!
Speaking to agressive play, how many blitzes happened yesterday? Not many by my memory.

Reactions: OEF VOL and amavol2
oh good. Somebody finally started a thread about JG.

Your coaching staff's entire gameplan was "Do what we always do, but do it faster." As weak as Bama's defense is, that's not going to work against anyone with a pulse.

Reactions: igotworms
Speaking to agressive play, how many blitzes happened yesterday? Not many by my memory.
I think you’re right, play a little more zero coverage and bring pressure from safety or corner. You might give up a few plays, but it can also create turnovers. I would rather play it that way than sit in coverage and let teams carve the defense up.

JG did not hurt us vs Bama
Good grief, yes he did. The coaches don’t trust him (rightfully), so they have to develop a obnoxiously mild gameplan that he still is barely able to execute most games.

JGs lack of ability infects EVERY aspect of this teams performance. That’s the reality. The defense gets smoked because they are in the damn field so much because we have more 3 & out possessions than is reasonable, ridiculous turnovers, and run plays on 3rd & 8. Oh, and the rare times we might go for it, JG will throw to the receiver who ran four yards short of the sticks.

JG is the single biggest factor holding this program back, and it’s absurd how many people still defend the guy.

JG did not hurt us vs Bama

I have to disagree, jg hurts us by ut having to play very conservative offensive game plan, and the opposing team crowding the los, which hurts our running game very much. You are not going to win very many games with 17 points, and this years bama defense is not the traditional defense we have seen in the past. They are giving up 29 points per game this year.

VN Store

Back