Last top 10 win...

Georgia finished that year ranked 23rd.

When’s the last time Tennessee beat a team who finished in the top 10.

all 4 teams that you mentioned are basketball schools
giphy.gif

Georgia finished that year ranked 23rd.

When’s the last time Tennessee beat a team who finished in the top 10.
We beat South Carolina one year when Spurrier was there in the early 10's that finished in the top 10, but they weren't in the top 10 when we played them.

HEY! we may be a basketball school!

JK, this is sad.

I will move my appointment with my shrink up to tomorrow.... Thanks.

Based on the how the seasons played out since 2006, maybe we are a basketball school?

Basketball Vols - predicted to win the SEC to this year by CBS sports

Football Vols - blown out at home by Kentucky

Reactions: joevol33
...was at GA in 2006. For perspective there are only 4 P5 teams with a longer streak (Duke, NC, VA, Wake). Even Rutgers, KS, KY, and Vandy have a top 10 win more recently. Sad times on The Hill.

How Indiana and Wake Forest upsets made AP poll history: Behind the Ballot

In the AP Poll, yes.

Side note: in the Coaches Poll, the last top 10 win would be 2013 versus South Carolina (they were ranked #9 in the Coaches Poll and #11 in the AP Poll going into that game).

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
all 4 teams that you mentioned are basketball schools

Wake Forest is not a basketball school.

Being a basketball school implies the program actually being good or the primary focus of the athletic department. Wake basketball has some runs but it’s not really either of those things.

Based on the how the seasons played out since 2006, maybe we are a basketball school?

Basketball Vols - predicted to win the SEC to this year by CBS sports

Football Vols - blown out at home by Kentucky

Since our last SEC Football Championship, we've had 3 SEC Championships in basketball. So by results, yeah we are. Fan-wise no.

I don't think Virginia will stay on that list very long. Maybe not UNC either.

Yea they did. Finished the regular season at 9th, won their bowl and finished 4th.
Personally, I dont put a lot of stock into where teams are ranked when they are beaten. Id rather beat a team that finishes top 5 but is top 15 when we play, than a team that's top 5 but finishes unranked. Just like Alabama/FSU in 2017. Bama technically gets credited with a top 5 win, but that years FSU squad was not very good.

Reactions: JoAllan
Here's an idea.....keep throwing money at it. Sooner or later, success is bound to find us.

Here's an idea.....keep throwing money at it. Sooner or later, success is bound to find us.

While I agree “throwing money at something” is rarely the answer. Also throwing money at something that is broken....can usually have an adverse effect.

However Tennessee really hasn’t been throwing enough $ from the get go.....not nearly enough. They have been shopping at the dollar tree......I wish they would at least shop at Walmart.

TN plays TX AM in a couple weeks. They are currently ranked 8th, and play Ark and USCjr in their next two games. Its a perfect opportunity to break this streak. They will most likely come in ranked at or near the Top 5 when they come to knoxville.

VN Store

Back