#1 Vanderbilt vs #4 Tennessee (Battle Of The Hot Seat Coaches) Ranking updated

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
FA12C8C7-9B77-441F-B929-09F1B8C35E5D.jpeg8FB592A9-3348-4F46-BCC6-6D7D8AFCBC94.jpeg
This week we have got a Top 5 matchup between “Hot Seat Coaches”.
Not the kind of “Top 5” match up Tennessee wants to be associated with.
It’s getting super hot for both # 1 Coach Derek Mason and # 4 Coach Jeremy Pruitt.
I think both are probably gone at the end of the year.
But this could be the very last chance either Coach can get a victory in 2020.
In my opinion, if CJP loses Saturday, he should over take the #1 spot and be fired immediately.

Is this ranking accurate?
Do either or both survive 2020?
@FirstAndGoal pointed out that CJP has moved up from #5 to #4

Last edited:
View attachment 325341View attachment 325342
This week we have got a Top 5 matchup between “Hot Seat Coaches”.
Not the kind of “Top 5” match up Tennessee wants to be associated with.
It’s getting super hot for both # 1 Coach Derek Mason and # 5 Coach Jeremy Pruitt.
I think both are probably gone at the end of the year.
But this could be the very last chance either Coach can get a victory in 2020.
In my opinion, if CJP loses Saturday, he should over take the #1 spot and be fired immediately.

Is this ranking accurate?
Do either or both survive 2020?

Harbaugh is the only one who ends up looking for a job for next season IMO. His act has worn awfully thin for Michigan.

Pruitt's seat may be hot here, but it isn't in the AD's office where it matters.

I think Harbaugh is the hottest of all those folks.

Mason had a ton of players sit out this season due to Covid. I expect Vandy to give him a pass regardless of Saturday's outcome.

Les Miles ???
Les Miles is a better than average Coach. He isn’t in the very top tier, but he is one of the coaches that has actually been able to beat Saban given enough talent. With Tennessee level talent, Miles could get at least 8 or 9 season wins IMHO.
that is why I favored him as the replacement for Jones. Enough of a proven and respected name to bring stability, end the clown show, recruit SEC level talent, and build the foundation for the next great TN run. I saw him as a Majors type figure who could right the ship and halt the spiral. A safe choice instead of rolling the dice on our third straight „lookup name on Google“ head coach. We rolled the dice though and hit snake eyes yet again.

The winner survives IMO. Not saying that's what I want to happen, but thats what I think will happen.
Pruitt isn’t going anywhere. Fulmer won’t fire him. He’s proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he isn’t capable of winning. Fulmer will keep trotting Pruitt out and Pruitt will keep trotting JG.

Pruitt isn’t going anywhere. Fulmer won’t fire him. He’s proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he isn’t capable of winning. Fulmer will keep trotting Pruitt out and Pruitt will keep trotting JG.
You're probably right. One can hope though.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back