LV's on the Radio??

I listen on the Tune-in app. The announcer is good for the play-by-play, and a maximum homer when it comes to fouls. Every time one is called on our LVs,
Micky groans, "oh, my!"

Have been listening on an iPad, but just picked up another Echo Dot ($19 Black Friday special) that also, supposedly, works with Tune-in.

Devices | TuneIn | Free Internet Radio

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but....We have cut the cord so I'm listening to UT games on the radio (which is much nicer actually) and was wondering if the Lady Vols games are carried on the radio??

When you say you have cut the cord and listening to games on the radio, do you mean you've simply cut out tv?

Jim

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but....We have cut the cord so I'm listening to UT games on the radio (which is much nicer actually) and was wondering if the Lady Vols games are carried on the radio??

They are. I think (think) you can catch them through WNML Knoxville (FM99.1, AM990), and also from their website at www.991thesportsanimal.com or via the WNML app (which is pretty handy actually in my experience, since it can run in the background on your phone). Basically, you just listen to their live stream, and if they have the game on, well, there you have it.

Yes cord referring to satellite/cable TV.....not completely off the grid.......yet :)

The reason I asked the question is because you can get ESPN and thus, the SEC Network, on a number of streaming services.

"You can watch ESPN live without cable with one of these streaming services: fuboTV, Sling TV, Hulu With Live TV, AT&T TV Now or YouTube TV"

Now, unfortunately, streaming services are getting more expensive as they get more popular and, like cable/satellite services are justifying cost increases by adding channels that most don't want, need, or watch. And (now that I'm on my soapbox), all of the providers have the temerity to refer to their offerings as "a la carte" when what they are really offering is a package with a smaller number of channels (and usually the less popular ones) for less money. But, calling something "a la carte" doesn't change the fact that it is a preset selection of channels over which the consumer has no choice, other than to choose not to purchase. (Okay, rant off)

fuboTV is the most heavily sports oriented service, with ESPN, Fox Sports, SECN, Big Ten Network, bein sports, tuDnxtra (Spanish, Univision) and Pac12 Network among the listings as well as a number of Pro sports networks in their $60./month package.

Jim

if you're with Spectrum or charter, you can sign in with your tv provider at espn and Sec+

if you're with Spectrum or charter, you can sign in with your tv provider at espn and Sec+

Except that he/she indicated that they had "cut the cord" which would indicate they have neither Spectrum nor Charter.

Of course, if you schedule the typical 7-day trial periods successively, you can get a month of free tv on the streaming services!

Jim

VN Store

Back