Year 4...

25801VOL

V,B
I’ve openly been an advocate for doing the inevitable now with our embattled head football coach Jeremy Pruitt. The more I’ve seen and the longer it goes I’m starting to believe that Pruitt will shed some of his offensive staff in an effort to calm his detractors. Chaney is a good coach, more so than Pruitt. We’ve seen proof of Chaney’s ability, we’ve yet to see anything from Pruitt.

Will 2020’s 3-7 or 2-8 Tennessee Volunteer be the end or just the beginning of the end to come?

I’ve seen all I need to see to know this guy can’t and won’t get it done here. I can’t think of one point in the Butch Jones era that was this low. I’d have to go back to the Dooley era to remember a point I’ve felt as hopeless about the direction of Tennessee football. Can anyone tell me I’m wrong?

Reactions: patrick
I’ve openly been an advocate for doing the inevitable now with our embattled head football coach Jeremy Pruitt. The more I’ve seen and the longer it goes I’m starting to believe that Pruitt will shed some of his offensive staff in an effort to calm his detractors. Chaney is a good coach, more so than Pruitt. We’ve seen proof of Chaney’s ability, we’ve yet to see anything from Pruitt.

Will 2020’s 3-7 or 2-8 Tennessee Volunteer be the end or just the beginning of the end to come?

I’ve seen all I need to see to know this guy can’t and won’t get it done here. I can’t think of one point in the Butch Jones era that was this low. I’d have to go back to the Dooley era to remember a point I’ve felt as hopeless about the direction of Tennessee football. Can anyone tell me I’m wrong?
2017 still the benchmark. Winless in the conference is undefeated.

The crazy part is Pruitt could still save himself and the program if he would bench JG and start Harrison Bailey. If he had been focused on getting Bailey up to speed earlier in the year, giving him all the first team reps in practice, especially during the 4 open weeks recently, I really believe that Bailey could have won a bunch of those games.

He is just so stubborn and apparently stupid, that he won't do it. Phil needs to take Pruitt out behind the woodshed and read him the riot act, because if Phil doesn't fire him, Pruitt will take Phil down with him. It looks more and more like Pruitt wants to be fired.

Reactions: VolRage

This was pretty much the dregs of desperation right here.

1606156936881.gif

2017 still the benchmark. Winless in the conference is undefeated.
THIS all day. Regardless of thoughts on Pruitt in a 10 game football season with a big ole * next to it, People are insane to think its close to as bad as that 2017 0-8 season. Imagine if we didn't have non conference games that year. Would have been defeated.

Changing the staff will be hit or miss. What assistant will come here knowing Pruitt might be gone after a year or two? Don't see things improving with the staff. Might even be worse. Prolonging the inevitable. Just rip the damned band-aide off and get it over with.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Given the financial shortfalls due to the pandemic along with the buyouts and extensions that were just provided; it would take a guaranteed grand slam hire to convince the administration and donors to go along with it. If we can’t get Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops then stick with Pruitt for another year.

VN Store

Back