What would be the reaction if they went this route?

They don’t even touch on the #1 reason to hire him.

QB. What’s everybody complaining about at UT right now? How many has he put in the NFL...from Duke for crying out loud.

People say you want to a hire a proven head coach, well he is one.

Of course, he has it made there, I get the impression he likes his life and he knows exactly what kind of mess we have in Knoxville.

I remember when kiffin left he was going to take the job but Hamilton woudn't let him bring his assistantes
I always look at that decision by Hamilton as a turning point for our program. If Cut had come here, he’d likely still be our coach and we would probably be in the Top 25 nearly every season.

So we should hire Cutcliffe just to get little Manning? No thanks! There is no guarantee Arch Manning will be anywhere as good has his uncles and grandfather and we may not get him even if Cutcliffe becomes the HC here. This a lame argument.

Not to just get Manning, so we don’t suck at that position again. Think back to his time at UT, I can’t ever think of a time when he was here that we sucked like we do now at QB. Bless Josh Dobbs, but HE did that despite the coaching.

Why would Cutt leave a HC voluntarily to be an OC? Seems stupid.[/QUOTE
Consider this- DC may be almost ready to retire but not fully. Help Tennessee in a assistant role. Everything goes as planned. We’re back winning 8,9, 10 games a year. Dc is ready to retire for good and we hire someone without any noticeable changes.

I thought about Cutt earlier. I wonder why Phil didn't go there when hiring Pruitt? Did Cutt just sign an extension? Interesting.

He probably hasn't flushed the memories of walking into a staff meeting and being the ONLY COACH (w/ Chief) in there.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Volnthesip, Freeze has gone on record stating his offense goes where he goes. It won’t work!

Last edited:
Currently he is not a better option than Freeze. Should have hired him when Fulmer was fired and UT would have avoided this eternity of bad football and bad coaches.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Not to just get Manning, so we don’t suck at that position again. Think back to his time at UT, I can’t ever think of a time when he was here that we sucked like we do now at QB. Bless Josh Dobbs, but HE did that despite the coaching.
Cutcliffe is not coming here. As others have stated here , Cutcliffe is too old. It would have been a good hire when Kiffin left. Why it didn’t happen then, anyone?

So we should hire Cutcliffe just to get little Manning? No thanks! There is no guarantee Arch Manning will be anywhere as good has his uncles and grandfather and we may not get him even if Cutcliffe becomes the HC here. This a lame argument.
I'd take another Manning. I guarantono he's better than what we have now.

Reactions: Alto1

VN Store

Back