Who has fallen the most?

Nebraska.

Michigan needs to stop being a choice for this. I know what this season has looked like. I know they aren't competitive with Ohio State and that rivalry has become a joke. But, they had 4, 10 win seasons in the last decade. They generally finish the season ranked, go to bowl games, etc.

Last edited:
Who has fallen the most: Michigan, Texas, Nebraska, or Tennessee

One thing to note is bad quarterback play at UT, Michigan, Penn State .... below average quarterback play at Nebraska and average qb play at Texas. Note: I added Penn
State to your list.

If you can't fix that one position ... you have serious problems.

Nebraska due to the fact it's clear they really may never be back. At UT, you still see the potential there if they ever hire a good coach. The state itself is getting better and better in talent, and UT is still close to a lot of major recruiting grounds. Nebraska ain't. They're in the middle of nowhere basically. Plus SEC hype > Big 10 hype. Texas and Michigan though are by far in better shape than we have been lately though. They're not too far removed from playing in New Year 6 bowls.

I would say us at least Nebraska was in the big 12 championship game back in 2009 more recent than us and Michigan has won 10 and 11 games in the last 5 seasons we haven’t won 10 games since 2007 or 11 games since 2001. Texas won the Sugar Bowl just a couple of years ago while we haven’t been to a big New Years 6 bowl since the Fiesta bowl on January 2, 2000.

Nebraska, but if I remember correctly, during their glory days each county in the state was able under NCAA rules to provide a scholarship that was used for the football team and once that rule was changed it all went downhill rather quickly.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Nebraska.

Michigan needs to stop being a choice for this. I know what this season has looked like. I know they aren't competitive with Ohio State and that rivalry has become a joke. But, they had 4, 10 win seasons in the last decade. They generally finish the season ranked, go to bowl games, etc.

Disagree.

Since 2008, UT has 2 seasons where we've won 9 or more games. Nebraska has 8 of those seasons in that timeframe including 7 straight.

UT has better chance to recover if we hire a proven competent HC but we haven't hired a proven head coach in over 40 years...

Disagree.

Since 2008, UT has 2 seasons where we've won 9 or more games. Nebraska has 8 of those seasons in that timeframe including 7 straight.

UT has better chance to recover if we hire a proven competent HC but we haven't hired a proven head coach in over 40 years...

I really wanted to quote your post and tell you that you were wrong and triumphantly point out that majors won a national championship before coming to TN. I wanted it bad. Then I googled when Majors was hired - 1977 and got really sad.

I would say us at least Nebraska was in the big 12 championship game back in 2009 more recent than us and Michigan has won 10 and 11 games in the last 5 seasons we haven’t won 10 games since 2007 or 11 games since 2001. Texas won the Sugar Bowl just a couple of years ago while we haven’t been to a big New Years 6 bowl since the Fiesta bowl on January 2, 2000.
God that's depressing AF

Tennessee.

However, I think UT can come back from the depths with the right hire. Nebraska jumping to the Big 10 killed them. That and who wants to go live in Nebraska for 4 years (yes I've been there for like 3 days lol).

Tennessee Nebraska then Texas.

I mean really Mich is still a good program.....just not good this year.

But Texas has to be as bone headed at Tennessee......but they did go after high profile coaches.

They fire their football coach, they suck and he comes back and does well at a different school.

They fire their BB coach, and again they suck and their coach comes here and does well.

Lol Tennessee and UNC thanks you Texas.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Disagree.

Additionally, we happen to play in SEC. UNC is ranked and going toe to toe for most of the game against ND today. IF we had UNC's conference slate, we'd be in much better shape for recovery. The thing is though, when you win in the SEC, it's less of a stretch to being a top 10 team. Thought we were on our way this year, but we're back on the treadmill.

Nebraska, but if I remember correctly, during their glory days each county in the state was able under NCAA rules to provide a scholarship that was used for the football team and once that rule was changed it all went downhill rather quickly.
Did that rule just apply to the state of Nebraska, or were other states able to take advantage of it as well?

Nebraska has been "stackin' them papers" since leaving the Big 12 but that is all they have to show for it.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back