David Shaw at Stanford has always been on my short list for a UT coach

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
Just watched him play some big boy football with Cal. He wins it 24 - 23. If you like OLs driving DLs down the field 5 and 10 yards. Defensive hits you hear up in the stands. HC experience, great recruiter, and championships on his resume. If we can get CJP dumped and gone why shouldn't PF open up the wallet and hire Shaw asap?

Reactions: whodeycin85
Just because a guy can coach doesn't mean it will translate to the SEC. Stanford is a different animal in that it's a private school on the West Coast, and they recruit "true" STUDENT athletes for the most part.

Mine are.. Sean Payton, Bill Bellichek, Kyle Shannahan, Sean Mcvay, Brian Kelley, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Dabo Sweeney, Kliff Kingsbury. I think that's about it I don't know for sure this list might change over time give or take a few.

Reactions: MeanOrange
Shaw was one of my top few several years ago......however he has been going downhill lately.

Also......just my two cents, his style might not work in the sec right now.

Just watched him play some big boy football with Cal. He wins it 24 - 23. If you like OLs driving DLs down the field 5 and 10 yards. Defensive hits you hear up in the stands. HC experience, great recruiter, and championships on his resume. If we can get CJP dumped and gone why shouldn't PF open up the wallet and hire Shaw asap?
Shaw had an impressive W/L record for the first 6 to 7 years but the program appears to be going downhill the 2 or 3 years. Do you know what happened ?

Reactions: feathersax
Shaw had an impressive W/L record for the first 6 to 7 years but the program appears to be going downhill the 2 or 3 years. Do you know what happened ?

He lost his OC to Rice, if my memory serves me correctly that’s when he started seeing diminished returns.

They missed their window. They could have won a National Title between 2010-2015, but always found a way to lose a game that they probably shouldn’t have. Now they’ve lost all of their momentum and it’s beginning to reflect that on field. Plus the P12 North got a lot tougher once Chris Petersen arrived in Seattle.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back