Mickey D.?

You have to have a Level 1 clearance to be on the floor and he hasn't obtained it yet. That was what I heard. You would think that would have been handled before the season started. They said he would be back. Who knows?

I hope Mickey will live long and prosper, but I hope he doesn't come back. Brian Rice is so much better. Lady Vols radio broadcast definitely need an update and an upgrade.

Yes. Mickey has done his time and he’s part of LV history forever. But last season he sounded like a kicked dog all year. Most of the two times I was forced to listen he was actively cheering for the other team.

You have to have a Level 1 clearance to be on the floor and he hasn't obtained it yet. That was what I heard. You would think that would have been handled before the season started. They said he would be back. Who knows?

I don't know about Dearstone specifically, but UT tested the gameday staffs for the men and women last week to start them in the SEC's protocol for "inside the court" and there were a bunch of positives. To the point that several full-time AD employees had to fill in for the official scorer and TV timeout person, when those jobs are normally done by outside folks.

The SEC sent out guidance to schools last week that radio crews will not be allowed to travel for conference games this season. The Big 12 has the same rule, so I would assume that Dearstone will be calling Sunday's game off a monitor at UT's studio.

I don't know about Dearstone specifically, but UT tested the gameday staffs for the men and women last week to start them in the SEC's protocol for "inside the court" and there were a bunch of positives. To the point that several full-time AD employees had to fill in for the official scorer and TV timeout person, when those jobs are normally done by outside folks.

The SEC sent out guidance to schools last week that radio crews will not be allowed to travel for conference games this season. The Big 12 has the same rule, so I would assume that Dearstone will be calling Sunday's game off a monitor at UT's studio.

Jeez. I think, at this critical point, everyone needs to base their behavior on the assumption that EVERYONE ELSE is positive and contagious, and then proceed with the utmost precaution -- no matter HOW inconvenient/untimely the restrictions the contact tracing protocols might be -- so that SOONER, rather than later, we might all resume a recognizable "normal" again.

VN Store

Back