Giv-A-Darn is busted

What is your current attitude towards VOLS football?

• Ride or Die VOL nothing can bring me down

• Cautiously still hanging on but tuning in a lot less

• Numb to it all but still a VOL

• DONE or on the verge of being

Results are only viewable after voting.

Russdaddy2027

Vols refugee living under duress in Georgia
I may be alone here, but for what it's worth I find myself just not caring about the state of VOLS football anymore. Maybe it's the combination of election fraud, Corona + the crap the comes along with it, a couple decades of coaching carousels, bad hires, rebuilds, habitually starting a QB that gives 0 chance to win etc. The cold hard truth is I think I am just numb to it. Keep Pruitt or fire him, get the best recruits or the leftovers...its kinda all the same to me at this point. I'll still wear my orange and catch a few highlights if there are any. Might even go to a game here or there if my son wants to, but I think I am done being invested so much in things UT. It seems the powers at be quit giving a crap a long time ago so why should I. I felt like Pruitt would right the ship but him and JG are apparently going down with it together.
Is this just a severe case of battered Vol syndrome?
Am I alone?
Where is your give a crap level these days?

I feel like we're on the precipice of a coaching change, despite what many think. That's the only thing keeping me engaged.
I don't think I can weather another coaching search. May have to add Volnation to my blocked sites list if we start one just to keep me away.

I have been a Vol since birth 44 years ago. It will be 45 years on the 19th of this month. The total numbness hit me back in the Dooley days. The irritation began back in the 2001 SEC Championship game. Granted things weren’t that bad then and I would love to be in that position, but it’s been a lot of bad since then. Complacency on top of complacency eventually on top of incompetency. Finally during the back end of the Butch days I started looking forward to watching the Raiders on Sunday rather than the Vols on Saturday. There are many saturdays now that I’ll be at Lowe’s and realize the Vols are playing. SEC Network usually at best since they rarely make it to an important channel here anymore.

This week feels so odd. Every other Florida week of my life I can't read enough football news, nothing can distract me from willing the Vols to win (unsuccessfully, apparently), and little peaceful sleep all week, especially Friday night. At this point, I work until 4 on Saturday and haven't even tried to get someone to come in early for me, haven't made a plan for where to watch the game or with whom, the thought of scalping a ticket to Neyland hasn't even crossed my mind until this moment, and I have zero expectations for Tennessee to make Florida nervous at all. I'm all out of sorts and I'm afraid to get invested emotionally in anything other than the holidays. Yay Christmas!

I may be alone here, but for what it's worth I find myself just not caring about the state of VOLS football anymore. Maybe it's the combination of election fraud, Corona + the crap the comes along with it, a couple decades of coaching carousels, bad hires, rebuilds, habitually starting a QB that gives 0 chance to win etc. The cold hard truth is I think I am just numb to it. Keep Pruitt or fire him, get the best recruits or the leftovers...its kinda all the same to me at this point. I'll still wear my orange and catch a few highlights if there are any. Might even go to a game here or there if my son wants to, but I think I am done being invested so much in things UT. It seems the powers at be quit giving a crap a long time ago so why should I. I felt like Pruitt would right the ship but him and JG are apparently going down with it together.
Is this just a severe case of battered Vol syndrome?
Am I alone?
Where is your give a crap level these days?

I watch the games and drink beer. Unsure which category this falls into.

Reactions: MeanOrange
I'm actually somewhere between "Numb to it all but still a VOL" and "DONE or on the verge of being."

I voted on the verge of being done, like others have said, holding out hope for a coaching change, and maybe we swing for the fences this time.
If not, I don't know how much more of this I can take ...

7RBC.gif

The sad part is that over the last 20 year's or so the most exciting thing for the most part has been coaching searches and not Saturday's in the Fall with just a few exceptions.

I really want to get back to being excited for every Saturday in the Fall.

I don't think I can weather another coaching search. May have to add Volnation to my blocked sites list if we start one just to keep me away.
That's why if Pruitt is removed, there doesn't need to be a search this time. They need to have a guy in mind and go with all your firepower to just go get him. This administration is incapable of competently conducting a search.

Numb, but trending to indifference.

Made alternate plans on Saturday, forgetting that it is Florida week. That has never happened before! I once walked off a job (as a 19 year old), to get home in time to watch UT vs Florida. Just quit on the spot.

We need a new hire, some hope for the future, or I believe many more will be following suit. Covid, unlimited entertainment options, etc ……..the brass at UT better get serious ASAP, or they'll lose another generation of Vol fans, and many that have been entrenched all their lives.

Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., being in the playoffs every year isn't helping. I think the college football playoff is killing the sport, and I advocated for it initially. I think expansion needs to happen sooner rather than later.

I have been a Vol since birth 44 years ago. It will be 45 years on the 19th of this month. The total numbness hit me back in the Dooley days. The irritation began back in the 2001 SEC Championship game. Granted things weren’t that bad then and I would love to be in that position, but it’s been a lot of bad since then. Complacency on top of complacency eventually on top of incompetency. Finally during the back end of the Butch days I started looking forward to watching the Raiders on Sunday rather than the Vols on Saturday. There are many saturdays now that I’ll be at Lowe’s and realize the Vols are playing. SEC Network usually at best since they rarely make it to an important channel here anymore.
The Raiders lost to the Falcons Sunday 😬

Those tea
Numb, but trending to indifference.

Made alternate plans on Saturday, forgetting that it is Florida week. That has never happened before! I once walked off a job (as a 19 year old), to get home in time to watch UT vs Florida. Just quit on the spot.

We need a new hire, some hope for the future, or I believe many more will be following suit. Covid, unlimited entertainment options, etc ……..the brass at UT better get serious ASAP, or they'll lose another generation of Vol fans, and many that have been entrenched all their lives.

Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., being in the playoffs every year isn't helping. I think the college football playoff is killing the sport, and I advocated for it initially. I think expansion needs to happen sooner rather than later.
Those teams will still be on top no matter what happens with the play-offs.

Look we are all pissed about the situation, but we all love the Vols as well, that's why we are here. Try to find something positive such as Tennessee Basketball, and don't waste money on Football until they get this program fixed. Nothing sucks worse than spending your time and money on going to games and watching your team get blown out week after week.

Reactions: GlennTenn
[QUOTE="Russdaddy2027, post: 19019734, member: 72439"]I don't think I can weather another coaching search. May have to add Volnation to my blocked sites list if we start one just to keep me away.[/QUOTE]

The coaching searches have been more entertaining than the football games for the past decade.

[QUOTE="Russdaddy2027, post: 19019734, member: 72439"]I don't think I can weather another coaching search. May have to add Volnation to my blocked sites list if we start one just to keep me away.

The coaching searches have been more entertaining than the football games for the past decade.[/QUOTE]

Only if you like bad endings to B rated movies.

I feel like we're on the precipice of a coaching change, despite what many think. That's the only thing keeping me engaged.

I'm not sure how many more standards for futility Pruitt has to set, but I keep telling myself it can't be very many.

Now that Ringling Bros. is gone, Tennessee coaching searches are the best circus in town.

VN Store

Back