How Does Keeping Pruitt Help Recruiting?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
I’ve read a few posts around the football forum saying keeping Pruitt for another year will save this years recruiting class.

If that’s the case then why are our formal commitments starting to look elsewhere? How exactly possibly going 3-7 will help recruiting?

The rate is going, Pruitt will have nothing left to sell.

A new coach won’t have much time to assemble a class, holding Pruitt until ESD locks some kids in and gives the class a base.

It doesn’t really matter though because Pruitt will be here for a minimum of 1 more year.

A new coach won’t have much time to assemble a class, holding Pruitt until ESD locks some kids in and gives the class a base.

It doesn’t really matter though because Pruitt will be here for a minimum of 1 more year.
Bull

Bring in a name like freeze,Campbell, fickle, and the interest will generate enough of a class to go w what is there already and the recruiting begins to rise significantly

Bull

Bring in a name like freeze,Campbell, fickle, and the interest will generate enough of a class to go w what is there already and the recruiting begins to rise significantly
Not necessarily. There would be quite a few decommits because they wouldn’t know whether they fit the scheme or are even wanted by the new staff. A really good coach could save some but not all. You will take a step back on this year’s recruiting but a really good coach is worth more than a couple recruits.

No way keeping CJP makes any sense in terms of recruiting. Any high profile recruit knows if he's not gone this year it's just a matter of time. Who wants to play for a coach that can't develop just because he may get an extra year to compete with Vandy?

Bull

Plenty of kids do not know who Campbell or Fickle are at least in the south. Both are great coaches don’t get me wrong but you overestimate their name recognition

Yeah I remember Lane Kiffin signing a bunch of high ranked guys last minute after he was hired. New Energy and new hope can't be undersold as a recruit has to make a final decision.

We're getting decommitments because of Pruitt. Keeping him won't keep a anything "in tact".

Last edited:
I imagine it will be kind of hard to recruit when you got “Dead Man Walking” tattooed across your forehead.

I’ve read a few posts around the football forum saying keeping Pruitt for another year will save this years recruiting class.

If that’s the case then why are our formal commitments starting to look elsewhere? How exactly possibly going 3-7 will help recruiting?

It absolutely doesn't help.

The only thing that will help Pruitt (IF HE WANTS HELP) is for Harrison Bailey to show a bunch of promise and wins the. Next two games. If we beat TWO top 10 teams in Florida and Texas A&M with a freshman QB. Play a bowl game and win that. End the season at 5-5. 6-5 if we play Vandy. Then yeah. You have something to sell!

Yeah I remember Lane Kiffin signing a bunch of high ranked guys last minute after he was hired. New Energy and new hope can't be undersailed as a recruit has to make a final decision.

We're getting decommitments because of Pruitt. Keeping him won't keep a anything "in tact".
I remember Kiffin telling Taj Boyd to look elsewhere also

Reactions: ArdentVol
We use to get alot of talent from Ga, like a boat load. So unless we get a really good coach we will never , ever be consistently winning the east division and playing for SEC titles.
This Phil Fulmer project of we need to keep a coach 8yrs to get results is bull***t.

Mark this down unless we get a really good coach who can develope our players into draft picks were screwed.

I remember Kiffin telling Taj Boyd to look elsewhere also
Yes.

But he still signed 5 top 150 players including the number one recuit in Bryce Brown in 2 months time. It doesn't matter how they turned out in the argument.

We're talking about being able to recruit players after a coach gets fired.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
It absolutely doesn't help.

The only thing that will help Pruitt (IF HE WANTS HELP) is for Harrison Bailey to show a bunch of promise and wins the. Next two games. If we beat TWO top 10 teams in Florida and Texas A&M with a freshman QB. Play a bowl game and win that. End the season at 5-5. 6-5 if we play Vandy. Then yeah. You have something to sell!
hahaahahha

Yeah I remember Lane Kiffin signing a bunch of high ranked guys last minute after he was hired. New Energy and new hope can't be undersold as a recruit has to make a final decision.

I cannot believe you brought up Kiffy's first class.... I have seen analysis of the productivity in that class in the past and it was sorry.... I doubt any of the guys mentioned have relationships with players that can close the gap with the powers of the SEC,,,, that will take a while... If we cannot bring in a Power 5 name coach who can bring in a staff BETTER than our current staff things will not go well... Those that think change cannot make things worse better open up to ALL the potentials... and probabilities associated with coaching changes...

Reactions: Raebo
For one it keeps some of the kids the recruiting class and some stability as well. Pruitt will def be back next season we might as well just accept it I just hope he makes some changes on the coaching staff.

His recruiting class was ok on paper but Really didn’t help us.

None of the kids being recruited today were even alive the last time Tennessee was relevant. Think about that.
Any coach is facing a big challenge and can only sell the facilities, the stadium, and the fan base. And the history which is a distant memory

Kids aren't locked in anymore, the head coach leaving allows them to get out of their letter of intent scot-free now.

Keeping a crappy coach to save a recruiting class is a losing proposition. If Pruitt is a crappy coach, we will be crappy with or without those recruits. A good coach develops talent and implements winning game plans. A crappy coach will squander talent, no matter how many stars.
Pruitt has a talented roster on a team that imploded offensively long ago. Good coaches adjust on the fly, or at least at halftime. Pruitt can't adjust after failing half a season.

I cannot believe you brought up Kiffy's first class.... I have seen analysis of the productivity in that class in the past and it was sorry.... I doubt any of the guys mentioned have relationships with players that can close the gap with the powers of the SEC,,,, that will take a while... If we cannot bring in a Power 5 name coach who can bring in a staff BETTER than our current staff things will not go well... Those that think change cannot make things worse better open up to ALL the potentials... and probabilities associated with coaching changes...

Then outcome of that class
And
The Ability to sign them on short notice
Are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.
We're not talking about how the class turned out. Stay on point...

Freeze at this point, he has proven on the field, he is the best candidate we have the chance of actually getting on board since 2008. A proven winner. He's won some big games. Destroyed a very good Okie State team in a BCS Bowl. Beat Bama twice. Got LIBERTY in the top 25 haha.

And he's a lights out recruiter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vfl2407

Agree. Dead man walking.

VN Store

Back