Funny how the wind can change direction.

Yeah, I don't think it is THAT we lost the games, as much as HOW we lost the games. Granted, no one is happy being 2-5. And of course, we should have won against Arkansas and Kentucky for sure.

But the unhappiness comes from the rigidity of Pruitt to make changes when it appears obvious to everyone that they need to be made. And honestly? I think that if Pruitt took out Guarantano after the first half of Kentucky, and played Bailey the rest of the way, this year would be a lot different. Maybe not so much in wins and losses, but I think our team looks a lot different, and the ways the games played out would look a lot different.

Nobody is happy getting blown out. But more so, nobody is happy seeing the same thing play out over and over and over in a quarterback who has stared down receivers for 5 years, and who has under/overthrown receivers for 5 years, and who has thrown probably more pick 6's than any SEC quarterback in the past 50 years. It's so predictable now that we just grow to expect it. And that's the sad part. We grow to expect that our coaches are going to put a player in who continually makes glaring mistakes, and there's a part of us that wonders, "Do we really truly not have any better options?"

And the things is, if we don't? Okay, well, that sucks. But we have seen Bailey and even Maurer and Shrout so little this year, that it's impossible to truly know what we have right now.

I think the thing that just has me so resigned right now, is that this team, for whatever reason, has lost its swagger. It has no confidence. It has no aggression. It lays down and dies. And that is RADICALLY different than the team that I saw last year. And that is really sad.

I've wondered all year how much losing Jennings, Calloway, Bituli and Darrell Taylor really hurt.

At 2 and 0 everyone was excited, loving Pruitt and thought Chaney was an awesome hire, 5 games later no one wants either one and if I was guessing thinks they can coach better than both. Just my observation. Funny don't ya think?
It's more about a coach that won't bench a qb that can't hit the broadside of a barn standing 2 feet in front of it without it being high and behind.

There's nothing funny about our team sucking.

Ah, jeez. Step back from the ledge, fella.

After this year I’m gonna by-God laugh at the ridiculous when I see it. Life’s too short to do otherwise.

I mean, honestly; is there any one of us that hasn’t at least snickered at a pick-6 this year? It’s just a straight-up absurd level of QB suck.

You either laugh at the existential absurdity of your team when they’re this down in the dumps, or assault someone. Last I checked, only Bammers and Barners are up for the latter, and they can both kiss every bit of my arse.

tenor.gif

At 2 and 0 everyone was excited, loving Pruitt and thought Chaney was an awesome hire, 5 games later no one wants either one and if I was guessing thinks they can coach better than both. Just my observation. Funny don't ya think?

Nothing is funny about losing by double digits 5 games straight...

Dumb assessment by you.

For a minute (2 games) we looked like we might know how to play football. We weren't fantastic, but we looked like we were getting there. Then the wheels came off after halftime against uga and exposed us. Smells like regression to me.

Not one bit funny to be exact. Funny means you don’t care. I care. It’s far from funny to me.

2-0 is one thing. But i think we were all sitting back wondering if we were any closer to florida georgia or bama. Thats kinda the measuring stick for heading back to the top. Not sure anyone was loving Pruitt. You get judge on them 3 games.

Last edited:
Fact is when you are hired to coach at Tennessee you are judged by your performance against Fl, Ga, and Al, just like CPF said. When you lose to the likes of Georgia State and BYU, then get an undeserved extension, then regress in all aspects of the program in which you should have improved in year 3, the fan base tends to get a bit restless and begins to question your ability to oversee the program. Simple as that.

The issues that we've seen the past 5 games have been there all along. They weren't hard to see. They were covered up by a 8 game string against subpar competition but mostly by those that wanted to bury their head in the sand and ignore...

Speak for yourself.

Losing to Vandy in year 1, then losing to Georgia ST, then blowing the game vs BYU......along with the 9 blowout losses in his first two season had many understanding......Pruitt was NOT the guy.

Sure he strung together a bunch of wins vs teams who weren’t very good.......but it was the overall body of work which had many of us already wanting better.

I wasn’t “condemning” him by the Indiana game.....for sure. However I certainly didn't trust him as a head coach and really didn’t want him here.

If he had came in this season and done well.....competed vs good teams then I would have been totally back on board and gave him all the props he would have deserved......but he didn’t.......and many of us had already seen the writing on the wall and knew it was only a matter of time.

He simply isn’t good, he wasn’t good and he’s not going to suddenly become good......not at Tennessee anyway.

Nah I don’t think it’s funny a coach keeps on doing the same things over and over and expect different results. It’s not funny watching Pruitt run JG out failure after failure and lose after lose and keep getting told he’s the best we got when in reality we have seen HB play better in the little time he has played. It’s not funny losing to Arkansas and Kentucky and we was favorite in both them games.

VN Store

Back