Vol fans- East vs West

Lilcarl731

First off Im a proud West Tennessean. love my Eastern Tennessee brothers and sisters.
with that said I have noticed a trend amongst friends that I have zero stats to formally back up.

Majority of my west Tennessee friends see it’s obvious the sooner we part ways with Pruitt the better off the program will be. Specifically hire Hugh freeze.
majority of my East Tennessee friends think we must give him more time and we “can only hit reset so many times”

Could this be a perspective thing? Aka my East Tn friends are closer to the situation due to proximity of heavy media coverage/support they are consistently more conservative with their approach on fixing UT football?

I don’t know if there is any validity to this theory or not or a coincidence. Just merely an observation. What do y’all think?
at the end of the day we’re all vols so GBO!

Reactions: hep
First off Im a proud West Tennessean. love my Eastern Tennessee brothers and sisters.
with that said I have noticed a trend amongst friends that I have zero stats to formally back up.

Majority of my west Tennessee friends see it’s obvious the sooner we part ways with Pruitt the better off the program will be. Specifically hire Hugh freeze.
majority of my East Tennessee friends think we must give him more time and we “can only hit reset so many times”

Could this be a perspective thing? Aka my East Tn friends are closer to the situation due to proximity of heavy media coverage/support they are consistently more conservative with their approach on fixing UT football?

I don’t know if there is any validity to this theory or not or a coincidence. Just merely an observation. What do y’all think?

As a Knoxville guy, a few miles from the stadium, I really don’t know what they should do. Finances are a part of the equation. No getting around that part. I am not expecting we can win versus UF, but win or lose, I don’t know how you just get rid of the extension. One could argue Pruitt never should have gotten it, but all this”boosters” will take care of it is poppycock.

I guess i am about as west Tennessee as you can get living about a mile as the crow flies from the Mississippi river. It sure don't look like we are headed in the right direction. My opinion is since he came in very late on his first recruiting year and then had this crazy year to contend with i would wait until next year. If we do not win at least 8 games and a win over one of the big 3 in the SEC east i would say cut ties.

Reactions: savannahfan
To quote The Clash "London calling"

Pruitt is in the last chance saloon and if Bailey doesn't start tomorrow and the rest of the season the man is toast.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I'm a West TN (Shelby County) guy so I think we might be more aware of Hugh's prior successes considering Ole Miss (Oxford), Lambuth (Jackson) and Arkansas State (Jonesboro) are both in the Memphis TV market, not to mention Briarcrest obviously....

East TN, my confidence in hiring a coach that will make a difference is at near 0. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Let’s stop giving Pruitt extensions until he proves he can win, let him finish out this contract, and if he turns it around, great, and if he doesn’t, we have no coach buyouts on our books for the first time since firing Dooley and we can look for a coach with a full checkbook.

If I thought we could go out and get a home run hire, I’d be all for letting Pruitt go, but I see nothing in our past performance or our financials that indicate this time will be any different.

Reactions: dgrind65
I guess i am about as west Tennessee as you can get living about a mile as the crow flies from the Mississippi river. It sure don't look like we are headed in the right direction. My opinion is since he came in very late on his first recruiting year and then had this crazy year to contend with i would wait until next year. If we do not win at least 8 games and a win over one of the big 3 in the SEC east i would say cut ties.

Who are the big three in the east? UF, UGA, and ... ?

I think it's just perspective.

I live in Knoxville, and I don't know anyone personally that wouldn't happily help him load the U-Haul today. In the rain. And they'd bring donuts.

I live in Knoxville, and I don't know anyone personally that wouldn't happily help him load the U-Haul today. In the rain. And they'd bring donuts.

4oxwfp.jpg

I live in Knoxville. I think you are seeing and hearing what you want to hear.

I don't know anyone, family, friend, neighbor or otherwise who supports Pruitt. Half of them have stopped watching our games.

I'm in the Western part of the state and most Vol fans I'm around here understand CLEARLY there are circumstances that aren't normal. Of course, losing isn't what they want but do understand the situation. As I've said before, one very close friend is now and has been for 40 years a difference-making donor. He's the one who told me a few weeks ago that Jeremy was always a five year hire. I know that flashes some of us "minimal" donors but until I can become one of those donors (not looking likely in the foreseeable future :D) I'll have to opine and accept the outcome. I would say its my belief that Jeremy is here at least until the end of next season, barring any violation of the moral turpitude clause. I do know Jimmy Sexton's dad (saw him recently) and I was tempted to ask if Jimmy had shared his feelings on it but I just didn't think that was appropriate. East or West I think the fanbase is divided both ways.

I'm a West TN (Shelby County) guy so I think we might be more aware of Hugh's prior successes considering Ole Miss (Oxford), Lambuth (Jackson) and Arkansas State (Jonesboro) are both in the Memphis TV market, not to mention Briarcrest obviously....
This is very true. I’m from Jackson and my wife had him as a teacher at Briarcrest

I'll bring a quality coffee to go along with those donuts.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back