UT VS UT

Longhornjack

New member, here. I have always wondered why the University of Tennessee and the University of Texas don’t play an annual game. With all the history and connection the two states have with each other, it only seems fitting. I’m a diehard Longhorn fan, but have always had a sense of respect for the Vols (maybe because my aunt is an alum). Anyways, the question I pose to VolNation, is this: Would you be interested in an annual rivalry game with, Texas and why/why not? Thanks!

New member, here. I have always wondered why the University of Tennessee and the University of Texas don’t play an annual game. With all the history and connection the two states have with each other, it only seems fitting. I’m a diehard Longhorn fan, but have always had a sense of respect for the Vols (maybe because my aunt is an alum). Anyways, the question I pose to VolNation, is this: Would you be interested in an annual rivalry game with, Texas and why/why not? Thanks!

Under the following conditions

1. Admit BBQ doesnt go Moo
2. Admit our shade of orange is better
3. Admit we are the real UT

Actually, we were real close to playing a few years back but you all backed out of Liberty Bowl matchup (and Butch/Hart subsequently backdoored us to Gator Bowl)

Under the following conditions

1. Admit BBQ doesnt go Moo
2. Admit our shade of orange is better
3. Admit we are the real UT

Actually, we were real close to playing a few years back but you all backed out of Liberty Bowl matchup (and Butch/Hart subsequently backdoored us to Gator Bowl)
1. Never
2. Never
3. Never

What year was it?

Considering that we will potentially hire Herman....
Seriously? Bad move if so. But hey, if you like guessing who’s going to be on the field on any given down and prefer putting in your walk-on WR for a crucial 3rd and whatever, than Herman’s your man. Now, if you like your playmakers to get the ball and creative route concepts, his not your man.

Seriously? Bad move if so. But hey, if you like guessing who’s going to be on the field on any given down and prefer putting in your walk-on WR for a crucial 3rd and whatever, than Herman’s your man. Now, if you like your playmakers to get the ball and creative route concepts, his not your man.
Not sure what happened to him at Texas, but he was a matchup genius at Houston.
Honestly, Sam Ehlinger was not the 3 best QB in Texas history. He put up good stats but he had so many stalled drives that would allow other teams to catch up. You all lost like games the past years by 7 points or fewer right?

Reactions: Longhornjack
Not sure what happened to him at Texas, but he was a matchup genius at Houston.
Honestly, Sam Ehlinger was not the 3 best QB in Texas history. He put up good stats but he had so many stalled drives that would allow other teams to catch up. You all lost like games the past years by 7 points or fewer right?
I would agree with you on, Sam, but he was playing hurt all year long. I hate using that excuse. He severely regresses this past season. I think Tom had a lot to do with that and his inaccuracy on deep balls this year was very odd. Something happened.
He will go down as the most beloved QB in Texas history, but you’re right. He’s not the third best.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back