The Fulmer Experiment is Over

teacherdean

The bigger question is should it have started in the first place? It is very difficult to revive the glory days by bring back things of long ago. It is no doubt that Fulmer loves UT but so was the case with Holly and the Lady Vols, however, it takes more then love to revive any program which is heading South. Let us hope that the administration has learned a valuable lesson as they search for a new AD and new head football coach. We need an AD who is concerned about excellence in all sports programs and has a proven track record of establishing such excellence.

The bigger question is should it have started in the first place? It is very difficult to revive the glory days by bring back things of long ago. It is no doubt that Fulmer loves UT but so was the case with Holly and the Lady Vols, however, it takes more then love to revive any program which is heading South. Let us hope that the administration has learned a valuable lesson as they search for a new AD and new head football coach. We need an AD who is concerned about excellence in all sports programs and has a proven track record of establishing such excellence.
He was at least favorable to the Lady Vol program and wasn't like Hart or some of the people before that were trying to change the program history and culture. I hope we can get another AD that will not try to change the program or try to make everything under a power T again. Hopefully someone that can get all the sports back up to the top level of the SEC.

No ,I knew immediately Fulmer as AD was a joke. I’m glad Pruitt gone but not sure he ever really had a chance with Fulmer’s meddling.

Reactions: teacherdean
Fulmer was used to be the bridge to the next AD and give us stability. The bridge kept getting extended. I like Fulmer, he's a Tennessee guy but he's not a squeaky clean guy. I agree he held onto Holly too long because of loyalty but his job was to get the football team and revenue healthy.

Even a lay basketball fan could see that CHW was not a good coach.... she should have been gone early in her tenure yes Fullmer cared.... but if his way of showing he cared was by putting his faith in Holly.... that is not what this program needed

VN Store

Back