Sabotage?

WillyTvol

Battered Vol fan. They promised they'd change.
Stop me if you've heard this before. This is a straight up sabotage job by Bama. I get it we haven't been all that threatening in recent years. So why bother right? I just find the whole thing odd. We hire this Bama lifer to come in and "help" our program, he does just enough to earn an extension then blows the whole thing up. The shady recruiting tactics which have been seen in use by other programs with Bama ties, the clear regression in player performance etc. Isn't it all just a bit too convenient? I remember being extremely confused when Fulmer hired CJP, wondering why he would hire someone who was so thoroughly dedicated to Bama. Was it revenge for being fired? Now with all this playing out I see him so nonchalantly stepping aside as the program burns it makes me think it was. Maybe I am dumb and crazy and that is probably the case but this whole thing stinks I tells ya.

If you pull off the Bear Bryant zombie mask you'll find Phil underneath.

He sabotaged the coaching hire last time to seize power from Currie. He blew up the Leach deal. He put Cheatbread in place. He didn't do his duty at all as the one who oversees the program and makes sure nothing is going on. It was old man Fulmer the whole time.

Since 2010 UT has had the following in leadership positions.
3 Presidents
4 Chancellors
4 Athletics Directors

I don't think we needed to be sabotaged from outside. The wheels weren't always turning the same direction it seemed or they just didn't care.

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad
Insert beastie boys meme [here]
BeastieBoysSabotage.jpg

Stop me if you've heard this before. This is a straight up sabotage job by Bama. I get it we haven't been all that threatening in recent years. So why bother right? I just find the whole thing odd. We hire this Bama lifer to come in and "help" our program, he does just enough to earn an extension then blows the whole thing up. The shady recruiting tactics which have been seen in use by other programs with Bama ties, the clear regression in player performance etc. Isn't it all just a bit too convenient? I remember being extremely confused when Fulmer hired CJP, wondering why he would hire someone who was so thoroughly dedicated to Bama. Was it revenge for being fired? Now with all this playing out I see him so nonchalantly stepping aside as the program burns it makes me think it was. Maybe I am dumb and crazy and that is probably the case but this whole thing stinks I tells ya.

Dan Patrick reporting staff was handing out McDonalds bags full of cash.

Reactions: WillyTvol
Nope! As much as I'd like to believe it, outside of some old heads, I don't think they view Tennessee like they did in previous decades. Anyone under 40 has spotty recollection of how we dominated them in the 90's. Many don't know how obsessed Fulmer was to turn in their cheating azzes. All that happened over 20 years ago. The previous state of our rivalry is old news to many and as much as I hated Beldar, I never thought it was a plant job. Pretty much fantasy land if you think that or you're showing your age, like the many of us. 😂

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
A Bama lifer.... who had been DC at FSU and UGA.
Born in Bama, raised in Bama, played at Bama, coached at Bama. Those other stops not withstanding this guy bleeds crimson. All I am saying is that he should have never been hired in the first place. The resulting fallout is showing this to be true. Maybe there is no grand conspiracy to speak of but it certainly doesn't sit well with me.

Nope! As much as I'd like to believe it, outside of some old heads, I don't think they view Tennessee like they did in previous decades. Anyone under 40 has spotty recollection of how we dominated them in the 90's. Many don't know how obsessed Fulmer was to turn in their cheating azzes. All that happened over 20 years ago. The previous state of our rivalry is old news to many and as much as I hated Beldar, I never thought it was a plant job. Pretty much fantasy land if you think that or you're showing your age, like the many of us. 😂
Probably showing my age.

VN Store

Back