Was Pruitt going to get one more year?

SmokeyDog1973

Legitimate question here. If Pruitt had never got into trouble over this and these reported allegations would be still have been fired yesterday?

What has been speculated is stuff that happens at every single university. It’s a very bad look. It truly does make it seem like boosters are behind this ordeal.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
No. If not for the violations, he would still the head coach, and Fulmer would still be the AD.

I'm pretty certain without any of the isssues he was coming back. And if he went at least 6-6 the next year he was likely getting a Year 5.

Reactions: Volle
Legitimate question here. If Pruitt had never got into trouble over this and these reported allegations would be still have been fired yesterday?
No they tried to be cheap and find something on him to fire with cause and I believe they have threw there self under the bus just another dumb thing the admin at Tennessee does. They would have been better to have worked out a deal and fired Pruitt.

Reactions: davethevol
He would have needed to be but they would have had to come up the $12+M for his buyout. That would have made it a lot tougher and Fulmer would still be in his position to push for a 4th yr. We will never know.

No one really knows. They had to let it play out like they did for legal reasons. If they fired Pruitt immediately after the A&M game and claimed "with cause" before the investigation was complete, UT would likely have issues documenting that they terminated him in "good faith" (as specified by his contract).

Doubtful. He would have likely made it to the end of the year.

Agreed, Fulmer was sticking with him no matter what. It's only when his own job was brought up that he finally relented. Further evidence he was out of touch, tone deaf and a terrible AD. Glad he's gone, he should have never been made AD.

I think Pruitt was coming back up until his office was raided after Thanksgiving... that appears to be the nail in the coffin, along with finding level-I violations. I think Fulmer had talked the Admin into one more year of cornbread ball up to that point.

VN Store

Back