Penalties will not deter...

runthrutheT

the right coach from coming. We may have to offer a 5 year contract instead of 3 and a higher salary but penalties won’t be the drawback here. Penalties can also be a buffer with no pressure for a year or two for that coach to set things up without the crazies calling for his job. We have money, we have a good roster (not great, but we do have a good roster) and we seem to FINALLY have the leadership in place to be successful. I think some coaches are all over the UT job.

the right coach from coming. We may have to offer a 5 year contract instead of 3 and a higher salary but penalties won’t be the drawback here. Penalties can also be a buffer with no pressure for a year or two for that coach to set things up without the crazies calling for his job. We have money, we have a good roster (not great, but we do have a good roster) and we seem to FINALLY have the leadership in place to be successful. I think some coaches are all over the UT job.
Like they were the last 4 times UT has done this? And there weren't even looming sanctions then.

We cannot afford to wait 2 years to hire a coach. Regardless of what lies ahead this is salvagable IF we act quickly. The right person needs to be in place from the outset to deal with and solve the the problem, not one that comes in later and inherits whatever the situation may be at that time.

If they resemble USC probation it will, Kiffin didnt do well there because of it

Even if we get sanctions, we will still have fans who want to fire a coach after 2 years for not being 9-10 wins... If we have sanctions, we as a fan base MUST be patient... it's very difficult to recruit and win when you have fewer scholarships, fewer evaluation days, and no bowl games... We have to realize the reality of where we are at in this, especially in light of NCAA sanctions that are sure to follow..

Reactions: Vol4life2
I am not an insider but it will be difficult to land an existing, successful head coach.

Dennis Dodd is on air now stating he has been told by one of the coaches that the number of level one violations. He said his jaw dropped after the coach told him specifics. He would not give the radio host (Sirrius FM 84 college sports) the # since he has not verified.

I didn’t listen to him but supposedly Dan Patrick said this morning that UT was handing out cash left and rt.

The NCAA could take two years investigating this situation so I disagree that it will be easy to hire a proven coach. The investigation will hurt us.

If they resemble USC probation it will, Kiffin didnt do well there because of it

Kiffin was a patsy at USC. People tend to forget, he was nowhere near the top of their list of candidates. They settled for him because the first 6 or 7 candidates turned them down. He never had the full support of the university or their boosters behind him. Granted, he was stupid for accepting the job under those circumstance but he was set up for failure from the beginning.

I am not an insider but it will be difficult to land an existing, successful head coach.

Dennis Dodd is on air now stating he has been told by one of the coaches that the number of level one violations. He said his jaw dropped after the coach told him specifics. He would not give the radio host (Sirrius FM 84 college sports) the # since he has not verified.

I didn’t listen to him but supposedly Dan Patrick said this morning that UT was handing out cash left and rt.

The NCAA could take two years investigating this situation so I disagree that it will be easy to hire a proven coach. The investigation will hurt us.
If UT was handing out cash left and right and one coach is extremely surprised by the level 1 violation then how was everyone on the staff not involved. If you look at the ones who were fired Pruitt and the 2 LB coaches all I can ask is this who did they piss off? Something not adding up sounds to me like there was groups inside this coaching staff which was talked about a few weeks ago.

Reactions: kcvols1
If UT was handing out cash left and right and one coach is extremely surprised by the level 1 violation then how was everyone on the staff not involved. If you look at the ones who were fired Pruitt and the 2 LB coaches all I can ask is this who did they piss off? Something not adding up sounds to me like there was groups inside this coaching staff which was talked about a few weeks ago.
maybe the DL coach Beldar fired ratted them out

Next coach controls the conversation. We have a reputation of getting coaches paid well and set up for life. The next coach will have more power than any coach we've hired since Fulmer was let go.

Reactions: Alto1
We weren’t really looking at “proven” coaches anyway. Billy Napier isn’t necessarily proven, but i feel like most of the fan base would take that hire in a heartbeat.

No they wouldn't. He has a slim chance to be successful on The Hill, very slim like in <10%.

I do think it's important that we have an AD in place before a coaching hire is made. Any coach worth their salt will want to know who they are working with/for before they take the job.

I also think it would be nice if we know what our sanctions are prior to hiring a coach. That will make the position more attractive (relatively speaking). That way the incoming coach doesn't feel blindsided by what he'll be up against after accepting the job. I'm pretty sure USC downplayed their sanctions to Kiffin before he accepted the job and they turned out more severe than he excpected.

Didn’t stop Urban at tOSU

Difference is Urban pretty much knew of what he was getting into sanctions wise at OSU (bowl ban, loss of a handful of scholarships). A coach here is going blind as to what the actual infractions are, a timeline for punishment, and a potential range of punishments. Urban didn't have that uncertainty at OSU.

It's also a little different inheriting a Top 5 program with mostly Tressel coached and recruited players vs inheriting a 3 win Pruitt coached team.

Reactions: Alto1 and kcvols1
maybe the DL coach Beldar fired ratted them out
Makes you wonder don't it I don't know if you seen it but a few weeks ago there was a post about how divided the coaching staff was and how much Tee did like Pruitt and Pruitt was micromanaging the offense through Chaney and Chaney wasn't happy just a bunch of stuff. What if this whole deal was Pruitt and his hand picked guys just doing whatever they wanted and somebody got tired of him and decided hey you need to go. There is a lot of things that right now that has been talked about over the last month or so that now makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: kcvols1 and WxVol

VN Store

Back