Timing of new AD hire and this coach hire ?

volmandu

Does any one here know of any reports out there or what radio folks/new paper folks are saying ? I am on travel so can't get all the local scoop from radio. All I know is Plowman said was we need AD first and coach will be hired by the new AD. However, not a real timeline I saw regarding when will the AD be hired; before NSD ? Before spring practice ?

For the love of UT Football, I hope they do not drag this with interim HC for 2021. We have a huge instate class in 2022 and having an interim at place for whole year would be killer for already brutally hurt program. Worst case just name Steele full time with negligible buyout and have him gracefully retire if he doesn't succeed (or some scenario like that). Again I am not for that .. that is only thing better than having an Interim in my opinion. Hiring a good coach before NSD would be fair to recruits & current players.

Not an insider and not a media guy but IMO it could take a month at minimum to hire an AD and probably a lot longer than that and would not surprise me to see Steele running the football program possibly through 2021. My opinion only and not necessarily my desire but I THINK this will take some time. Then throw in the NCAA deal and it could be a fairly long winter for Vols football. Man I hope I’m wrong!

I'm hearing a deal with Gruden is imminent. He'll be coming in as both the AD and the next head coach. My sources are credible, knowledgeable, and close to the situation.

Don't believe me? Check my stats!

Reactions: IM4TN and Boca Vol
I'm hearing a deal with Gruden is imminent. He'll be coming in as both the AD and the next head coach. My sources are credible, knowledgeable, and close to the situation.

Don't believe me? Check my stats!

I totally believe you. Does this mean we can change this thread into a Grumor topic now?

Not an insider and not a media guy but IMO it could take a month at minimum to hire an AD and probably a lot longer than that and would not surprise me to see Steele running the football program possibly through 2021. My opinion only and not necessarily my desire but I THINK this will take some time. Then throw in the NCAA deal and it could be a fairly long winter for Vols football. Man I hope I’m wrong!
I do see this happening, but then you have KS having to fill out the staff.
Then if you hire a new coach next off season, you then have to blow most or all of that staff up because the new guy will want his people

No decent assistants are going to come here on a one year deal.
So that be a sh** pot more money spent on buy outs if this happens

Setting up more and more to look like KS is da man

🤢

Reactions: tennrich1
I do see this happening, but then you have KS having to fill out the staff.
Then if you hire a new coach next off season, you then have to blow most or all of that staff up because the new guy will want his people

No decent assistants are going to come here on a one year deal.
So that be a sh** pot more money spent on buy outs if this happens

Setting up more and more to look like KS is da man

🤢
I agree totally. This was a worst case scenario I guess. Yesterday was NOT good for the program.

Reactions: volintears
OK, hopefully this thread can maintain some sort of sanity.

Are they hiring an AD first or the coach?

Has anyone heard when they plan on trying to get someone hired for either position?

I have not seen this in the other million threads so forgive me.

Contrary to popular belief: AD and HC are being done in parallel. We will give the AD a list within 2 hours of accepting the job and tell him to make a selection and disregard the name that was accidently highlighted.

In all seriousness, they said AD first but already have Peyton working the coaching search.

VN Store

Back