YT-"Tennessee Fires Jeremy Pruitt - What Does It Mean For Georgia"

Its a solid take but I am tired of hearing all this after the horse has left the barn. His most important observation however, is that the easy part is to fire the current coach, the hard part is to get a new coach who can actually recruit nationally and run the football program and let the coordiators coach. AD needs to run athletic program.

"they seem to be asking for probation"
"I dont thing GA would handle it this way, I dont think Alabama would handle it this way.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
All the stuff at Georgia was the reason I was opposed to hiring Pruitt back in 2017. It was all over sports talk radio in Atlanta at the time.

I gave him a chance and he did a lot of things here well, but like this dude says he was 'bad at cheating.' But I also think something else was going on. Felt like there was a ton of internal turmoil among the coaches on this team, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Pruitt doesn't seem like he's the type of guy who can get people operating on the same page.

He's a great DC and contrary to what some people on here say, he's great at developing players. There's a reason a lot of top recruits wanted to play for him. But just doesn't feel like he had what it takes to be the CEO of a team, which is what a Head Coach is. He's better as the 2nd or 3rd in command.

I still wanted to give him another year, because frankly, I think we'd be in a better spot if we fired him in December, rather than now. But c'est la vie.

VN Store

Back