Will we get a new coach by NSD?

Will we know who the next coach is by Friday 1/29 EoB?

• Yes

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 12.1%

• Total voters

LowKey

Flash Card
How in the world do you address all of the current need in 1 week?

9 days and counting

tumblr_lwcidnHbve1qauvgjo1_250.gif

Reactions: GlennTenn
Every day that passes means we are going on down the list! If we get to Elliot we are truly a lower tier program, along with Vanderbilt, and will be for a long time to come and I have my suspicions if we every climb out. If we even consider an offensive coordinator that has never proven he can build a program (always coached with elite talent), worked for a coach who has an offensive mindset, never was a head coach period, much less in the P5, our fan base (including me) will sit on the sidelines until we can compete with the elite. Heck Pruitt at least coached at some elite programs and look at what happened. He could not even cheat well.

If this happens, I suspect I will be sitting for a long time.

Every day that passes means we are going on down the list! If we get to Elliot we are truly a lower tier program, along with Vanderbilt, and will be for a long time to come and I have my suspicions if we every climb out. If we even consider an offensive coordinator that has never proven he can build a program (always coached with elite talent), worked for a coach who has an offensive mindset, never was a head coach period, much less in the P5, our fan base (including me) will sit on the sidelines until we can compete with the elite. Heck Pruitt at least coached at some elite programs and look at what happened. He could not even cheat well.

Elliot would be fine, if we literally can't get anyone else

By that criteria the following are low level programs, along the lines of Vandy. Penn State, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, Florida State, Miami, Nebraska, Florida and Ohio State. All of them have hired coordinators that had a resume exactly as you describe it in the last 20 years. Some more than one with that resume.

Reactions: Vol49er
Is this what happened when Currie and gang couldn't land anyone until they tried Schiano? Just asking for a friend!!

Is this what happened when Currie and gang couldn't land anyone until they tried Schiano? Just asking for a friend!!

This class is a wash and we will go into next year severely under undermanned. We are in such bad shape I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA decides to forgo any additional punishment. We can even cheat right. I think this is punishment enough

Elliot would be fine, if we literally can't get anyone else
For the reasons stated above plus the fact the only other coaching stops he has had is South Carolina State and Furman I disagree with your assessment. We would be better off to keep what we have, wait out a year to see what the NCAA is going to do, and go shopping next year.

VN Store

Back