Just out of curiosity on the coaching carousel...

HoopCreekVol

How many of us would stand up to the scrutiny we're willing to put the coaches through? Even Bear Bryant had issues (probably not reported during his tenure). Fans seem to want a great coach, SEC experience, SEC Championship, NATTY and a whole host of other things. And in addition, he cannot have any player accused of misconduct whatsoever.

So, where do get such a fellow? If he is any kind of coach at all, he will come with some baggage of some sort.

Let's get serious for a moment. If you have ever owned a business or managed one, you know your employees do all kinds of foolishness behind your back and then only later, do you find out about it. You had no idea such was going on. The coach's plate is full and he doesn't know everything if the players and assistant coaches want to hide it from him.

While I'm not advocating we go down to the Federal Pen to find coaching candidates, I do think we have to cut some amount of slack to get the guy who is right for TN. Will he be perfect? Nope. Should we hold him to be a flawless character? Nope again.

From what we had been shown on the field over the last several years, we now want a guy who consistently fields a team dressed and ready to win. They come out of the locker room with that fire in the belly and a take no prisoners mentality.

Reactions: Vols1313
How many of us would stand up to the scrutiny we're willing to put the coaches through? Even Bear Bryant had issues (probably not reported during his tenure). Fans seem to want a great coach, SEC experience, SEC Championship, NATTY and a whole host of other things. And in addition, he cannot have any player accused of misconduct whatsoever.

So, where do get such a fellow? If he is any kind of coach at all, he will come with some baggage of some sort.

Let's get serious for a moment. If you have ever owned a business or managed one, you know your employees do all kinds of foolishness behind your back and then only later, do you find out about it. You had no idea such was going on. The coach's plate is full and he doesn't know everything if the players and assistant coaches want to hide it from him.

While I'm not advocating we go down to the Federal Pen to find coaching candidates, I do think we have to cut some amount of slack to get the guy who is right for TN. Will he be perfect? Nope. Should we hold him to be a flawless character? Nope again.

From what we had been shown on the field over the last several years, we now want a guy who consistently fields a team dressed and ready to win. They come out of the locker room with that fire in the belly and a take no prisoners mentality.

I would coach in onezee for 4 million dollars a year and then happily accept my buyout

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back