Something You Should Know About James Franklin

vegasvolfan

Marketing Professional With 25 Years of Experience
Penn State head coach James Franklin has a history of being at the forefront for the public good and philanthropy.

Franklin was named Penn State’s 43rd Annual Renaissance Fund honoree in 2019.
“His legacy at the University is best reflected in the lives of the student-athletes he teaches, mentors and inspires. James leads by example and is a great choice for this year’s award.” –George Henning Jr., president of the Renaissance Fund’s board of directors and a 1963 graduate of Penn State.​

Danny White details philanthropy in hiring process and building a program

I would let Steele be interim for this year. The uncertainty of the NCAA penalties is a real thing. Gives you a year to see what’s what and then go get someone big that UT fans could be proud of.
The last time UT was relevant I was a middle aged man. Now I'm on social security. Sorry but I am tired of being patient, and may not have much time left.......

I would let Steele be interim for this year. The uncertainty of the NCAA penalties is a real thing. Gives you a year to see what’s what and then go get someone big that UT fans could be proud of.
And what about the 2022 class?
Very few of them- especially in-state guys- aren't going to commit.

You can't put a program through an entire off-season plus the next football season through that kind of uncertainty. After the roster has already suffered significant losses, that would basically put us behind two years. Yeah we'll still sign some guy, but they wont be the caliber that makes us competitive.

The next two years recruiting classes will be subpar anyways because of the NCAA. Let Steele deal with the first year as hopefully UT will know what sanctions they are dealing with. Next year you may as well write off. The job will be more appealing when a potential hire knows what’s ahead.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Franklin also had to overcome sanctions at Penn State. He would be a great hire in my opinion. Always thought he was a quality person and good coach. If you guys gave him 4-5 years, I think you would be a top 10 team every year. I hope it works out.
he wouldnt need 4 years.
2 years and were playing for the SEC east. Year 4 were possibly in the playoff , beating Smart and Mullen.

Reactions: Tolfbfan
And what about the 2022 class?
Very few of them- especially in-state guys- aren't going to commit.

You can't put a program through an entire off-season plus the next football season through that kind of uncertainty. After the roster has already suffered significant losses, that would basically put us behind two years. Yeah we'll still sign some guy, but they wont be the caliber that makes us competitive.
Forget the 22 class. Doesn’t matter right now with the cloud hanging over UT. Get that settled and then throw the bank at someone. Even if you throw 8-9 mil at someone it is a gamble for them not knowing what’s coming.

Penn State head coach James Franklin has a history of being at the forefront for the public good and philanthropy.

Franklin was named Penn State’s 43rd Annual Renaissance Fund honoree in 2019.
“His legacy at the University is best reflected in the lives of the student-athletes he teaches, mentors and inspires. James leads by example and is a great choice for this year’s award.” –George Henning Jr., president of the Renaissance Fund’s board of directors and a 1963 graduate of Penn State.​

Danny White details philanthropy in hiring process and building a program
Something else to know about him:

Vandy coach James Franklin is looking for a few attractive wives *UPDATED*

Forget the 22 class. Doesn’t matter right now with the cloud hanging over UT. Get that settled and then throw the bank at someone. Even if you throw 8-9 mil at someone it is a gamble for them not knowing what’s coming.
Makes zero sense to me. At least you have the guy of your future and begin installing your schemes. We are already looking at 7 million. There is no guarantee he would be there next year. Seize the opportunity.

VN Store

Back