We are seeing how a coaching search should be conducted

orangelo

I am liking this AD already. Nobody knows anything despite what they say boosters, media casual fan, nobody. This bodes wel if candidates know they can be talked to with anonymity. Also it seems as he is leaving no stone unturned and doing his homework. I’m liking this hire.

I am liking this AD already. Nobody knows anything despite what they say boosters, media casual fan, nobody. This bodes wel if candidates know they can be talked to with anonymity. Also it seems as he is leaving no stone unturned and doing his homework. I’m liking this hire.
Agree, just dont want a up and comers. We need somebody who knows how to coach players and can get us through this mess to the other side.

At least Danny knows what he wants to accomplish and has a plan on how to get there.

I like his process. It's way too early yet to know about the ultimate hire.

The only names that we’ve heard are the ones from the John Brice story about who was being vetted through Parker Search. It almost makes me think that was a strategic leak on the part of Danny White. Literally no one else has any info about who’s being vetted, who’s interviewed, who’s declined interest. The best guys in the business are just throwing sh*t against the wall.

Just looks like more of the same to me. Will probably end up being stuck with another coordinator.

Reactions: rkvdg
I think ole Danny is just realizing how hard it is to hire for this job. I think we would have heard by now if he got "his man". Could be wrong but I smell another 7th on the list coach in our future.

Reactions: GlennTenn
Definitely not normal. Of course, if Dr White chooses poorly, the whiskey starts flowing, the mattresses burn and riots break out at the admin building. Then, all will be normal again at Tennessee.

Definitely not normal. Of course, if Dr White chooses poorly, the whiskey starts flowing, the mattresses burn and riots break out at the admin building. Then, all will be normal again at Tennessee.
And in 3 years, back looking for another coach.

Reactions: Old Geezer
Or were being rejected by everyone again and all these coaches are bread crumbs from our trail of trial

and we better lower our expectations

If we land anyone with a decent resume based on where we are as a program it’ll be a good thing

Lets show Portland and Seattle how its done!

I kinda agree. But we’ll have to withhold judgment until at least the hire is done. Maybe even for a couple of years before we know how successful it was. But to compare to the one fulmer ran...he didn’t aim high amd to try to get an established coach. Right out of the gate he aimed low. He said he wanted a defensive minded coach (because obviously that’s the direction the game is shifting not) and went and interviewed 3 different guys that couldn’t say no. None of them had any other options. Fulmer ended up choosing the dumbest of the 3, and guy that was a life long bammer. If he’d have done some research he’d have found that almost everywhere he’d been he was t well thought of. That’s called due diligence. The worst part of it all is that Pruitt speaks as if he’s never left the hollar he grew up in. How on gods green earth do you interview him amd come away feeling like you’ve got an intelligent ceo type guy on your hands. Just typing these comments out make me want to throw up. Anyway, it’s refreshing to have a guy making the hire that’s done this before and that is hopefully going after some big time targets. We’ll see

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Agree, just dont want a up and comers. We need somebody who knows how to coach players and can get us through this mess to the other side.
Unfortunately we are a never ending dumpster fire so choices will be slim despite what we may think out level of desirability should be

Reactions: OldLofter
Haha ok man. Yeah I’m sold too. These guys are top notch. Just like every fresh face we’ve had the past 13 years. These guys mean business!

A little early on the victory lap there champ - lets wait and see who he actually hires before we declare him doing a great job.

Reactions: MSrivervol

VN Store

Back