ESPN Chris Low Says Tony Elliot & Sonny Dykes Are Names To Watch For

LOL. I just cant wait until they announce Sonny as our HC. The leaks and rumors are often correct and they just act like it's not.

I already bought 20 gallons of gasoline and 3 mattresses. I'm gonna light this place up like hell on Halloween LOL

Last edited:
Chris Low is very very connected, he is probably the most trustworthy reporter of Tennessee news than anyone IMO due to his relationship with a few boosters.
I agree and I like Chris but this search feels very different. I don’t know. Maybe he’s right but those are names we’ve heard for days too

Reactions: A Typical Vol Fan
I really hope it's not Sonny Dykes.

Tony Elliot is an unknown, but he at least, on the surface, seems like he could make a good Head Coach.

Dykes bombed at Cal. He's been OK at G5 schools, but he's never done anything that suggests he can win a national title or even the SEC East. And if we're going to hire an Air Raid guy, why not just go after Mike Leach?

Frankly, I'd rather have Kevin Steele as permanent HC than Dykes.

He has no idea like the rest of us. This search is different

Low is a guy that is very well connected. While it may be wrong, he is probably right. Remember stoerner fumbles said if there were flights today, that would indicate we missed on our top targets. Seems like that could be the case.

I agree and I like Chris but this search feels very different. I don’t know. Maybe he’s right but those are names we’ve heard for days too
It is, Clemson reporter said Tony had not been contacted. So there are conflicting reports everywhere but I’m gonna trust Chris because it’s disappointing news to me and that’s what we are all about here at Tennessee.

Low is a guy that is very well connected. While it may be wrong, he is probably right. Remember stoerner fumbles said if there were flights today, that would indicate we missed on our top targets. Seems like that could be the case.

If you read the text it says "he believes these are names to look for". Meaning these are just names he's heard that may be more likely than others. I do not think this means he knows.

VN Store

Back