White wanted a challenge...

Dougie_D

Well, he got one. Yeah, he’s hired coaches before but he had the leverage. Most of the coaches he hired were most likely eager to accept the position. I’m starting to get the feeling our new AD thought that the TN brand would sell itself. Like it or not, our program is no better than a USF type program. So with a mentality like that, TN would be happy to get an assistant or a coach from a non power5. The problem is how will the AD convince the fans?

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Well, he got one. Yeah, he’s hired coaches before but he had the leverage. Most of the coaches he hired were most likely eager to accept the position. I’m starting to get the feeling our new AD thought that the TN brand would sell itself. Like it or not, our program is no better than a USF type program. So with a mentality like that, TN would be happy to get an assistant or a coach from a non power5. The problem is how will the AD convince the fans?
There are two G5 coaches I would like to see hired. He could literally flip a coin to decide and I would be ecstatic!

The National Coach of the Year would come here tomorrow. That's what we can get for a new coach.

The only coach to defeat that coach would come here tomorrow. That's what we can get for a new coach.

A former NFL coach, a recent Bama OC, and a former Vols coach would probably take the job if offered. That's what we can get for a new coach.

No reason to throw in the towel. If White is all he is supposed to be, we will have a good coach.

At the end of the day, Tennessee is a traditional powerhouse with everything you need to win national championships. It’s a top 10 program all time. Amazing facilities, money, and rabid fans willing to do anything for their team to win. Every coach knows that. Once you start winning again, this place will be the most exciting, grateful, and fun places in college football.

The National Coach of the Year would come here tomorrow. That's what we can get for a new coach.

The only coach to defeat that coach would come here tomorrow. That's what we can get for a new coach.

A former NFL coach, a recent Bama OC, and a former Vols coach would probably take the job if offered. That's what we can get for a new coach.

No reason to throw in the towel. If White is all he is supposed to be, we will have a good coach.
I would be happy if it was Fisher, Napier, Kiffin, would love if Elliott could join Fisher.

Reactions: EastOrange#GBI
Freeze and Kiffin should absolutely be considered. Not sure either one would come here, but come on we need a HOT football coach that can WIN, not a Saint good grief.

Just remember how it feels watching a crappy football team in Orange that can not even cover a basic slant. Or watching an offense that cannot make a first down, 26% conversion rate and even worst in the red zone. I can't take another 15 years of watching Vandy kick our butts.

Freeze/Kiffin or he's fired. It's that simple. History tells us this.

Why Freeze? We just fired Coach Pruitt for serious NCAA violations. Freeze committed serious NCAA violations while at Ole Miss. It absolutely does not make sense to fire one coach with cause and turn around and seek another coach that was guilty of similar NCAA violations. Didn't the SEC Commissioner make a statement about Freeze never being allowed to coach in the SEC?

White is brand new to UT, and spent the large majority of his time thru Sat. night meeting with coaches, athletes and supporting folks at the new work place. So, today (Tue) is his 3rd day focused on getting the best head football coach for UT. I’m sorry he just couldn’t uh, birth you a coach out within a couple of days...

White openly stated he did NOT know what he was dealing with yet. He is figuring what BRAND of football Tennessee wants rn. That was his first priority.

VN Store

Back