On Fleck and Franklin turning us down...

bpalmer28

What are the odds that they turned down a rogue booster and not Danny White? Could our boosters be trying to line up a deal to present to the AD without his consent?

And show us proof that either were officially offered. We'll wait.
That’s my point. Could the reports be based on them saying no to a booster instead of White?

Didn’t some boosters try to line something up with Gruden without Currrie’s involvement and that’s how the Grumors got started?

Not sure how you pass over Kiffin and Freeze for integrity reasons but back the truck up for a guy like Franklin. I don’t buy it

Hey, I think Franklin is a snarky jerk as well. Mainly because he represented Vanderbilt. But don't throw shade on his integrity over assumptions he told his players not to cooperate with police. That is unconfirmed assumptions. He told players not involved in it to not talk to the media. That is common sense. If you want to run with that, someone can see you out in a meadow with sheep, allege you sleep with sheep, and guess what? You will be assumed to sleep with sheep. Sorry, watched "Blue Chips" the other night, and just ran with that quote. But it seemed applicable.

I have no trouble believing they would turn us down. It's extremely hard to get successful P5 coaches that are highly paid already to move from one school to another. Florida pulled it off with Mullen. LSU did with Miles and Saban years ago. The vast majority of hires are hotshot coordinators or G5 coaches on a hot streak.

Yeah i keep seeing people say Tennessee was turned down. But all seems to be a made up assumption with no realistic source to support this.

I’m going to say this and it’s going to get hated but it’s the truth. Tennessee is the most damaged major brand out there right now in college football. You risk taking a step back in your career by coming here and now with what we did with Pruitt you also risk having your name ruined and not getting paid in the process.

I was all for having Pruitt fired but not paying him for him having the audacity to do what every other program in the country is doing to try to make us competitive? Also threw your own program under the bus in the “interest of integrity” aka saving money on his buyout.

So if you’re a desirable coach do you take a job in the toughest conference in college football with your hands tied behind your back with a depleted roster, probable sanctions, and already at a recruiting disadvantage vs the rest of your peers? I have no doubt someone will take the job but I doubt many with decent options are looking at us as an attractive location.

White seems smart enough not to offer unless he got a great feeling they would say yes. Fleck would take the job for $7 million. Franklin may not cause he hates UT & knows we hate him. Someone needs to tell White that last part
I wouldn’t say “we”, just people who can’t get over how good he is and how much he was our kryptonite at Vandy. He’d bring a spark and energy and winning to this program that’s been missing for decades.

I really don’t think boosters are back channeling. AD White was lobbying for all the money he could possibly need Friday and Saturday. I’m positive he has a blank check but he has an idea of what a coach is worth. I think if he really, really wants fleck or Franklin he will get one of them. Let’s just hang tight because I think we’ll know very soon who the guy is.

VN Store

Back