Does Darnell Wright know something?

Maybe the meeting between the players and White changed his mind. I do not think White told them anything like "Hey I'm hiring XXX coach but keep it under your hat".

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Devils advocate here, but did Cade just forget everything he learned at UGA? Did he have to be re-taught everything? Or did he just suck?

Coaching may have had a lot do do with the freshmen, but not Cade...JMO

A line works in unison with each other. When five lineman play as one, it doesn't matter what their stars were from HS. When one player is out of sync, it effects the entire line. I'm not saying who is out of sync, but it's clear that we haven't had a line in unison since the early 2000s. I certainly would put a good portion of the blame on the OL Coach.

Hopefully he will get a chance to go through spring practice and summer workouts (for the first time) and come back in August ready for a breakout year. He’s draft eligible after the 2021 season so maybe he sees staying and focusing on 2021 as his best path.

I do hate to see some of the departures but it’s normal after coaching changes. Regardless of what fans think about Pruitt (and his staff) that’s who most of these young men signed with and several defensive players specifically signed with Tennessee because of Pruitt. For the guys who are draft eligible after 2021, they just want to put themselves in the best situation to improve their standing.

Devils advocate here, but did Cade just forget everything he learned at UGA? Did he have to be re-taught everything? Or did he just suck?

People just love to blame coaching. It’s a easy cop out and finger to point

Reactions: peaygolf

Lack of coaching can also affect upperclassmen.

Maybe the meeting between the players and White changed his mind. I do not think White told them anything like "Hey I'm hiring XXX coach but keep it under your hat".

I just hope that White didn't suggest they start getting their burgers from Wendy's.

Someone who takes the time to announce that they are continuing their career at literally their same school would not keep a secret of that magnitude, I promise you

hopefully his re-commitment signals a positive trend for UTK regarding other players staying on the hill - I like it !

Doubtful that Darnell knows anything. I think that there are some of the more loyal guys on this team that will at least give the next coach thru to the end of the spring semester before considering a transfer. Everybody has to make their own decision and for some of these guys; it’s tough especially when you know you can jump to a relevant program.

The guys that are jumping ship right now are just fed up with the constant negativity. I feel for them. It’s not what they signed up for.

VN Store

Back