White operates off the Radar

coffeevol

regular old member
See what I did there, flight tracker can't stop yall freaking nuts.

But the way White operates I am thinking when it comes I feel like it may be out of left field and be a name none of us have studied so who is an outside the typical line of thought candidate. While not my preferred candidate and especially not a style of the offense Ken Niumatalolo is sitting at 101-67 at NAVY, I don't think his system works in the SEC but dude has won. So for poops and giggles before we all giggle and poop...who is your never thought about it candidate.
Triple Option not a Concern if Ken Niumatalolo is Arizona’s guy

The only option attack I could see working in the SEC is Chadwell's. There's no way the wishbone option works in big boy football.

The real problem isn't that it doesn't work, but that you can't land top recruits running it. It's not exactly the best ticket to the NFL Draft. Even on the defensive side, top D players don't want to have to practice against the triple option all the time.

iu

The only option attack I could see working in the SEC is Chadwell's. There's no way the wishbone option works in big boy football.

That type of offense is necessary for the military academy because of athlete size. It has been used for years at our military academy's.

Chadwells system works in a conference of nobody's. Will it work at Tennessee when the coaches you play against also know how to scheme against it with just as good of talent. Maybe, but are willing to take that chance when he hasn't coached at near the level of Tennessee. Tennessee job is a pressure cooker, you better know what the hell you are doing.

Chadwells system works in a conference of nobody's. Will it work at Tennessee when the coaches you play against also know how to scheme against it with just as good of talent. Maybe, but are willing to take that chance when he hasn't coached at near the level of Tennessee. Tennessee job is a pressure cooker, you better know what the hell you are doing.
It could work because it’s unique. Plus he’s known to alter his offense based on the team or competition

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It could work because it’s unique. Plus he’s known to alter his offense based on the team or competition
Only problem with unique is you usually need a certain type of Quarterback that can run it and if you don't get that guy you are usually screwed, just ask gus malzahn

The real problem isn't that it doesn't work, but that you can't land top recruits running it. It's not exactly the best ticket to the NFL Draft. Even on the defensive side, top D players don't want to have to practice against the triple option all the time.
I agree, Georgia Tech got away with it in the ACC but they don't exactly have players consistently getting drafted in the first 3 rounds of the draft. (That is not a knock on that school)

If the defensive coordinators adjust, you adjust, it's Chess on the football field. Unfortunately, we haven't had a Head Coach smart enough to play chess.

VN Store

Back