Get ready to be underwhelmed

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

You are all getting your hopes up for another underwhelming hire at UT

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position is coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Its going to take time to raise this ship from the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC

Last edited:
With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position isn't coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC
Ahhhh go be a vandy fan

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position isn't coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

I'm cautiously optimistic until I'm not. This one seems to be different.

Added to the Suicide Watch List...

1611675281781.gif

Good post, but of all the people that will read it, I doubt many will take it to heart. The two coaches that seem to have the overwhelming approval on here are the two that, for different reasons, should not even be considered, in my opinion. However, my opinion, no better or worse than anyone else, is just that.

To your point, we can speculate about what a new coach will come into. It could be really bad from a sanctions standpoint, or it may not be. Anyone posting one way or the other is just speculating. The rest of the dumpster trash may still be here.

A good recruiter is one universal given at this point. We are going to need players regardless of how many that is allowed to be. This coach may not be the one that gets us to the top, but could very well be the one that sets the table and allows a post-sanction hire of epic proportions.

One thing to consider: if we do hire a top-shelf coach and sanctions end up being worse than expected, why would that coach stay? I know, give them a long contract and add years to it based on probation. Throw so much money the coach cannot say no. Put a prohibitive buyout in the contract. Good coaches dictate terms, not a university trying to get back to where it was 20 years ago. Good coaches are not looking for a chance 6 years from now. And anyone that thinks someone in a good situation already making millions will jump at a chance to make a couple more in a bad situation is just not right. And no coach is going to to double down and sign a buyout that prevents them from leaving this bad situation.

We have a perfect example: a rival hired a respected coach before sanctions were announced, and was doing quite well. He bolted when worse sanctions were announced. Three coaches later, they hired Saban.

Maybe you are right about what type of coach White brings back, but Fisher is definitely not a lower tier HC (given his NFL experience) and he wants the job (Malzahn would probably take it as well). I don't know if this is what White is looking for but even if he picks a lower tier HC or another up and coming coordinator it does not have to be because there was no interest from experienced HC's.

Reactions: majic73

Even white is having a hard time selling this $hit show of a FB program.

AD White sure has a VERY hard sell with everything going on now.

Players leaving, recruits changing their minds and the NCAA holding a big hammer over our heads is going to make it extra hard to hire anyone right now.

We're probably going to have to way overpay just to get anyone to come jump into this raging dumpster fire.

I think any smart coach would say no as soon as he answered the phone.

Right now we're as toxic as Covid is so we might get lucky just to get a good coordinator to say yes and risk his career.

I sure hope I'm wrong but things are really bad right now.

I'll be positive as much as I can but I'm realistic as the same time.

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back