Post your advice to Coach Heupel

ShoalCreekVol

...and keep it nice ya filthy animals šŸ˜‚

I'll go first

1) Don't say individuals so much. I know. It doesn't make sense. Trust me on this one.

2) We need you to have thick skin. Our last three coaches were thin skinned sensitive things, and the job ate them alive. By year three they were in the metaphorical fetal position with the fans and the media. Stay tough, you'll do well.

Reactions: Hoof Harted and Hbg
...and keep it nice ya filthy animals šŸ˜‚

I'll go first

1) Don't say individuals so much. I know. It doesn't make sense. Trust me on this one.

2) We need you to have thick skin. Our last three coaches were thin skinned sensitive things, and the job ate them alive. By year three they were in the metaphorical fetal position with the fans and the media. Stay tough, you'll do well.

Get the hoagie on dark at Sam and Andy's or Time Out deli. Gus's as well...........

Beat every team in which you ā€œshouldā€ dominate.......or fans weā€™ll be off quickly (no Georgia States).

keep Steele........you probably ainā€™t got a chance to hire a ā€œbetterā€ DC.

DEVELOP (players and coaches alike).........you do just this......and you have the ā€œchanceā€ to be here a while.

1. Always mention Peyton Manning when you do a conference. Everyone thinks he won a National Championship.
2. Don't approach this as a rebuild. You get a pass for not winning it all next year as long as we are in the Championship game.
3. Do not try to over think this. We know better than we admit what the NCAA is going to do to us.
4. It's ok to use folksy terms like "Aight" early in your tenure as long as you win. Otherwise we'll find little grammar slip-ups and make fun of you.
5. Do not ever reference academics or even acknowledge existence of such. This is a football school.
6. You'll find we are accepting of gangbangers as long as they perform well on the field, but do not even consider staff who were accused of something then later exonerated beyond any possible shadow of a doubt at multiple levels of any possibility of misdoing. You can use this to your advantage both in hiring staff and supporting him afterwards.
7. Don't worry about wearing a mask. None of us understand how they work.
8. Some reporter is going what your top 3 challenges are as coach. Best for you too just feign disgust and say "Dude, I'm here to git 'er done". You'll be a legend until about the 2nd or 3rd game next year.

Anyhow, good luck with it.

VN Store

Back