What I am looking for in the coming weeks

majic73

The way I will view this hire has not been determined. I am very interested in who he hires as his assistants. If he hires experienced Power 5 or SEC coaches that are dialed in on recruiting I will feel very optimistic. If he goes the Butch route and brings his boys from UCF and other lower tier schools , I will ride the sense of apathy that many are feeling.

Recruiting ability is key with all assistants , especially with the possible NCAA storm headed our way . I don't think it is time to role a bunch of newby unknown coaches out . The defensive staff is of utmost importance. In a score fast offense , especially in the SEC where have the teams in the league can score nearly every time they touch the ball , this puts a load of pressure on the defense from a depth point of view. These offenses are designed to create a lead and allow the defense to pass rush . But if you can slow the other team , your defense end up on the field the entire game and in the second half the give up big points.

The new hires time to impress is with his staff hires. He doesn't just have to turn lemons into lemonade ...he somehow has to turn sewage into lemonade.

I am not sure I am buying the SEC staff idea anymore. UCF put up 32 points against LSU a season ago. Our championship SEC staff only got the team above 30 points a handful of times over the last 3 seasons.

VN Store

Back