Something to think about.

1vol8

What was VNs biggest complaints of Pruitt?
- inability to develop a qb.
- team played uninspired football
- need to score more points instead of playing conservative

Heupel lost his starting qb (Milton) midway through his first year as a HC. All he did was develop the guy that eventually claimed the team.

I’ve personally never seen a Heupel coached UCF game that his team was flat and I never seen one that the team DIDNT battle to the end. Even in the losses.

This guy lead an offense that averaged 42 points a game and was inside the top 10 every year. He didn’t do that with check downs or a run first approach. He did it by playing an aggressive style of offense and getting EVERYONE involved.

Here’s the kicker for those of you that are freaking out because his name isn’t as big as you’d hoped. Everything I wrote was done with mostly 3* players and below. Let that sink in and give the guy a chance!

Heupel lost his starting qb (Milton) midway through his first year as a HC. All he did was develop the guy that eventually claimed the team.

I’ve personally never seen a Heupel coached UCF game that his team was flat and I never seen one that the team DIDNT battle to the end. Even in the losses.

This guy lead an offense that averaged 42 points a game and was inside the top 10 every year. He didn’t do that with check downs or a run first approach. He did it by playing an aggressive style of offense and getting EVERYONE involved.

Here’s the kicker for those of you that are freaking out because his name isn’t as big as you’d hoped. Everything I wrote was done with mostly 3* players and below. Let that sink in and give the guy a chance!
I wasn't looking for a BIG name. Heupel, other than Freeze, has a bigger name than most I really wanted. I have been aware of him since his college days. I am realistic about where we are. Jamie Chadwell would have been a realistic, and frankly, unifying hire at this time, and for this fanbase. That he wasn't even interviewed is malfeasance.

It is what it is...we have another guy who the job is likely too big for at the moment. Maybe he'll grow into it. At least he's an offensive guy...they got that much right.

Hopefully he is able to engross himself in the task at hand and tune out negativity. If he can do that, he will be able to handle the pressure.

Reactions: Volanta
Guy has developed and coached several 1st round NFL QB’s. In today’s game you have to have good QB play. It’s the only position you can’t hide your weakness at.

So at the very least Tennessee is getting a solid foundation on this build. The rest time will show.

Now thats the kind of developing we need

Reactions: 1vol8
Guy has developed and coached several 1st round NFL QB’s. In today’s game you have to have good QB play. It’s the only position you can’t hide your weakness at.

So at the very least Tennessee is getting a solid foundation on this build. The rest time will show.
Exactly. I think it starts right there. If he developes HB into a big time QB, other highly rated recruits that wouldnt go to UCF will come to UT which opens the door for top WR's, TE's, & RB's

I wasn't looking for a BIG name. Heupel, other than Freeze, has a bigger name than most I really wanted. I have been aware of him since his college days. I am realistic about where we are. Jamie Chadwell would have been a realistic, and frankly, unifying hire at this time, and for this fanbase. That he wasn't even interviewed is malfeasance.

It is what it is...we have another guy who the job is likely too big for at the moment. Maybe he'll grow into it. At least he's an offensive guy...they got that much right.

We should have gone after Chadwell. It is what it is.

Didn't "strike out".......UT got pinch hit for. Nobody else wanted the toxic job!
That’s a hollow statement considering those we didn’t ask. There are three names that it is widely believed would have said yes, but we were too proud to approach.

Reactions: tastycar
That’s a hollow statement considering those we didn’t ask. There are three names that it is widely believed would have said yes, but we were too proud to approach.

I'm absolutely not arguing with you....................
I would love to know those three coaches and how/why it's "widely believed."

Nobody at a major program has approached Freeze. Scar hired a freaking TE coach as their HC.

Chadwell has no experience at major program on any level.

I like Kiffin and think he's a great HC but the program was never going back down that route. No program would.

I'm absolutely not arguing with you....................
I would love to know those three coaches and how/why it's "widely believed."
Kiffin, Freeze, and Chadwell. The first two had both signaled their interest, the third is a highly effective G5 coach with a track record of success...from this area.

The first two may have been divisive choices, but saying there were no big names interested is not true.

And he had all those numbers against teams with mostly 3* players and below

Kiffin, Freeze, and Chadwell. The first two had both signaled their interest, the third is a highly effective G5 coach with a track record of success...from this area.

The first two may have been divisive choices, but saying there were no big names interested is not true.
Ehh...we may never know if they were really interested or not.

And he had all those numbers against teams with mostly 3* players and below
You must have missed all the P-5 teams they play every year? Some they lost, no doubt but if they didn’t beat the P-5 team they lost a close one

Better have a defense to go with it or it will be worthless

So what makes you think that Chadwell would be a better option? UCF is a much bigger program with much higher standards and pressures than Coastal. Chadwell had one great season during a pandemic year where everything was all out of whack. And their one big win was against a team that didn’t know if they were playing until Thursday when they packed up their bags and flew all the way to Conway with no preparation. I would have gotten behind Chadwell, just like I will with Heupel, but UCF would prepare a coach better for this job than Coastal would.

Reactions: Tnslim1

Kiffin left us in the middle of the night and the other 2 have NCAA issues in their past. Fans should have known those guys were not coming here.

VN Store

Back