As much of a tire fire as the Tennessee athletic program is right now, I believe the Vols made two home-run hires in White and Heupel

A lot is going to be determined by what kind of staff Heupel hires...especially on the defensive side. If he can shore up that side of the ball, I believe we will compete with anybody in a year or so..
Yep, defensive side of the ball Will be key to this regimes success.

Reactions: Pacer92
I believed after the Kiffin press conference.
I believed after the Dooley press conference.
I believed after the Butch press conference.
I believed after the Pruitt press conference.
Sorry, I just don’t believe anymore.

I believed after Kiffin.
I had to convince myself that Dooley would be ok.
I cautiously believed Butch.
I didn’t believe in Pruitt.
I feel about the same as I did with the Butch hire.

I listened to the presser and came away impressed. There are no guarantees with any of the hires but I like him better than Franklin honestly or Elliot. It also isn't fair to saddle him with the Pruitt fiasco, Dooley dilemma, or Butch"s bricks. Just like in basketball, if you can score, you have a change to win. I just want to see the game played well and with a sense of enjoyment. The wins will come.

This is a great article. It will do very little to help the cult like side of our fan base that chase planes and criticize every hire that doesn’t confirm their own personal “insider” knowledge. This has way too much sound reasoning for them.

Reactions: tarvol73
I'm on the side of flare to the gap for a double while advancing the runner on 1B.

The Dooley presser was the last time I believed.
Going to have to see it on the field before I start believing again.

Reactions: Smokey19rt and MAD
This is a great article. It will do very little to help the cult like side of our fan base that chase planes and criticize every hire that doesn’t confirm their own personal “insider” knowledge. This has way too much sound reasoning for them.
Wait. You could read it? Did you already have a subscription to the Orlando Sentinel, or did you buy one just for this article?

I assumed only the OP would be able to read it, heh.

Reactions: DonDiego
Wait. You could read it? Did you already have a subscription to the Orlando Sentinel, or did you buy one just for this article?

I assumed only the OP would be able to read it, heh.
I’m actually clever enough to get around the pay wall. It’s not that hard if you take your thumb out of your mouth.

Reactions: tarvol73

VN Store

Back