Poll: David Reeves Defensive Coordinator?

Poll: David Reeves Defensive Coordinator?

• Total voters

madbamahater

Yes or no?

His defenses at UAB have ranked extremely high nationally and in a world of fast pace offenses and teams scoring 40, 50 points a game, UT has to have someone that knows what they're doing. An innovative thinker who can keep up with the times.

It would be a very solid hire....

I'm not familiar with him. We will need someone on staff who is a great recruiter at this level. That is the first concern I would have about a UAB coach. He may be fine, I just don't know.

I'm not familiar with him. We will need someone on staff who is a great recruiter at this level. That is the first concern I would have about a UAB coach. He may be fine, I just don't know.

I understand the recruiting questions and concerns. But, recruiting has ranked in the top 15 or better year after year and UT has still sucked badly.

I understand the recruiting questions and concerns. But, recruiting has ranked in the top 15 or better year after year and UT has still sucked badly.

Exactly...we’re going to consistently land in the top 15 of recruiting regardless of who the coach is...the tradition and facilities pretty much guarantee that..

What we’ve lacked is development...give me a staff that can develop those top 10-15 classes and coach them during a game...that would be a nice change from what we’ve had

Same here. Do you think he would leave Arkansas? Sam Pittman looks to have fallen into a good fit over there in Arkansas

I think he would. We could likely pay more, we have more upside as a program, and he obviously has a connection with CJH

Hire a solid DC, a solid OL coach, and worry about filling the other position coaches with recruiters.

Stop. Just stop it. Tennessee recruiting rankings have been very high even as a terrible program. Stop it. Can he coach? Yes. That should be the only requirement now. Can you coach? Can you develop players? Do you actually understand the game and what you are doing?
Amen!!! Tennessee recruits itself. Always has and always will. We just need to develope those guys when they get here

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Hire a solid DC, a solid OL coach, and worry about filling the other position coaches with recruiters.

Exactly. Would rather the coordinators focus on philosophy and actually coaching and have the position coaches bring in the best fit for what they are trying to do schematically......

Reactions: savannahfan
Yes or no?

His defenses at UAB have ranked extremely high nationally and, in a world of fast-paced offenses and teams scoring 40 to 50 points a game, UT has to have someone who knows what he's doing. An innovative thinker who can keep up with the times.
It would be a very solid hire....

I'll allow it.
If he's ALL THAT!

That would appease those that wanted Kiffin. Same name as his ex-brother in law (David Reaves) who was on staff here in 2009.

Johnny Majors once commented whether we wanted the best players (recruiters) or best coaches (develop the talent). At this stage we need the coaches / guys who can teach and develop. Top 10 classes gave us a losing record because most of the players never got better. Maybe we go the Rick Barnes route and train 3 stars to play like 5 stars instead of the other way around

VN Store

Back