Staff being creative...

Im all for it! I'm hoping they get way more out of this coaching staff than the last. Anything has to be better! Go Vols!

Reactions: PNW Huskie
Wow! This is the second thing as a team effort. The dodgeball scene was fantastic. Whose ideas are these? Heupel!? I’ve never seen anything like this. Sure, there may be things that teams do together, but this is something early on going on. I like these approaches.

Reactions: allvols4life
Football is a sport and people playing it ought to have fun as it's a game. I have no issue using tools like this for team building some times. But football at this level is pretty freakin' serious as well. I've got to think Bama for example uses their team building as being simply able to make the cut or get on the field and be one of the elites, like our military spec ops do. Hopefully we'll have youngsters on the team come together and strive to be special simply because they are Vols.

Thats the biggest challenge critical thinking wise most of them will ever be put through in college.

Wow! This is the second thing as a team effort. The dodgeball scene was fantastic. Whose ideas are these? Heupel!? I’ve never seen anything like this. Sure, there may be things that teams do together, but this is something early on going on. I like these approaches.
These are team building and problem solving drills, military schools do them all the time. You would be amazed at how much rapport can be built by a group in very little time. They're an awesome way to build chemistry.

Just because we have seen this before and may find it cheesy we need to realize players rotate in and out every 3-5 years. Building trust and bringing players together outside of practice does a lot for chemistry. The kids (and people in general) need to love something before they’ll run through a wall for it.

Just because we have seen this before and may find it cheesy we need to realize players rotate in and out every 3-5 years. Building trust and bringing players together outside of practice does a lot for chemistry. The kids (and people in general) need to love something before they’ll run through a wall for it.

Yep! I'm as much of a 'show me results on the field' type as the next, but these kinds of exercises have worked for other groups and it's nice to see them trying something to hit the reset button and start fresh w.r.t. a sense of teamwork. After last season, they're pretty much starting from scratch and I'm glad they're looking for ways to motivate the team members other than special brown bag lunches.

VN Store

Back