'22 IL WR Tyler Morris

“They had a great offense at UCF and plan on passing a lot,” said Morris, who’s ranked the No. 78 overall prospect and No. 11 wide receiver in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

The 6-foot, 175-pound Morris said he learned of his offer from Tennessee last week during a conversation with Alex Golesh, the Vols’ offensive coordinator and tight ends coach. Morris said he also spoke with new Tennessee wide receivers coach Kodi Burns on the same day, and he got to know some of the Vols’ other coaches — including Heupel — earlier this week.

“(Monday) I had a Zoom call with a lot of the staff, so I was able to talk to a lot of people,” Morris said. “(Heupel) was also on. They showed me the facilities and, after that, they told me what they liked about how I play and just had normal conversations to get to know one another.”

Morris said he likes what he has seen from Tennessee’s program so far. And while he said he’s “not sure yet” whether he will end up giving the Vols strong consideration, his early conversations with their staff at least have piqued his interest.

“The facilities were really nice, and I think the staff as a whole was cool,” he said. “I like the program and just want to continue to learn more.”
-Callahan

I bet we get a high ranked one or 2 after they see us play this year. We have really good QB depth and JH knows how to utilize that, and some really good RB depth thats fresh (low wear and tear).
Zero wear and tear. It doesn't get much fresher than our RB room.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back