Rennia Returning Next Year?

At # 4 the opportunity to fall into the hands of Catchings is to lucrative. The unique situation of playing for an all time great from the TN family with her connections in the industry and the media promoting her is something she cannot pass up. Coming back and moving up and winning elite awards next year would not translate to increasing her brand value unless she could land in LA or some other niche. This appears to be a bird in the hand situation over taking a risk that probably decrease her earning potential. KJH and the rest of the UT family understand this and will advise her accordingly. JMO. The WNBA is not the NBA and moving up to a possible #1 would not help her earning value as much as being groomed by TC. A big if is if she can live up to those expectations and develop into that role. She does things on the court and makes those around her better on the LV roster. Now she is making moves and passes and at a level etc that the rest of our roster is not ready for. Catchings is hungry to dominate in her role and motivated to make her successful at a very high level and Davis is talented and just as motivated. She has to go.

At # 4 the opportunity to fall into the hands of Catchings is to lucrative. The unique situation of playing for an all time great from the TN family with her connections in the industry and the media promoting her is something she cannot pass up. Coming back and moving up and winning elite awards next year would not translate to increasing her brand value unless she could land in LA or some other niche. This appears to be a bird in the hand situation over taking a risk that probably decrease her earning potential. KJH and the rest of the UT family understand this and will advise her accordingly. JMO. The WNBA is not the NBA and moving up to a possible #1 would not help her earning value as much as being groomed by TC. A big if is if she can live up to those expectations and develop into that role. She does things on the court and makes those around her better on the LV roster. Now she is making moves and passes and at a level etc that the rest of our roster is not ready for. Catchings is hungry to dominate in her role and motivated to make her successful at a very high level and Davis is talented and just as motivated. She has to go.

Yes I’m really hoping Re will go to Indiana! I think she and Catch have somewhat of a relationship already. Catch has mentioned mentoring her a few times when she’s been in Knoxville. The way she talks about Re you can tell she has a special place for her in her heart.

I think a first rounder number four pick can get 130 k their first season. I don't think she is making that here. Then you can get on a foreign team and make a lot more than that playing in the winter and fall. So she is probably looking at 300 k a year playing both and I would be leaving for sure having every degree I needed already when basketball is over.

I think a first rounder number four pick can get 130 k their first season. I don't think she is making that here. Then you can get on a foreign team and make a lot more than that playing in the winter and fall. So she is probably looking at 300 k a year playing both and I would be leaving for sure having every degree I needed already when basketball is over.
and then add in endorsements as well wonder if Nike,Jordan,Puma,or Adidas sign her

Davis is rated the number four draft choice for the WNBA , it would be an advantage for the ladies but what advantage would it be for her to stay? I think it is going to be difficult for her to turn down the money. I would like for her to stay but I don’t believe she will.
Completely agree. I’d love her to stay for selfish reasons, but it makes zero sense for her to stay.

Reactions: Lucy and Volfan2012
My cousin was a rookie in the WNBA last season and plays in Poland currently and she’s doing quite well to be a 22 year old kid. There’s no way Re should pass up the chance to make money.

My cousin was a rookie in the WNBA last season and plays in Poland currently and she’s doing quite well to be a 22 year old kid. There’s no way Re should pass up the chance to make money.

SUGGGG !! I see she is is in our roster for training camp i hope we get Tash back BUT i hope we also keep her!

Yes I’m really hoping Re will go to Indiana! I think she and Catch have somewhat of a relationship already. Catch has mentioned mentoring her a few times when she’s been in Knoxville. The way she talks about Re you can tell she has a special place for her in her heart.
Imo, if Catchings (Indiana) wants her, they might have to trade up to get her! Atlanta is picking 3rd and the need a Wing player. They have also scouted her at a few games this year from what I have gathered. Hoping she falls to them at 4 is good but possibly making a move with Dallas to ensure they get her would be better imo.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Davis is rated the number four draft choice for the WNBA , it would be an advantage for the ladies but what advantage would it be for her to stay? I think it is going to be difficult for her to turn down the money. I would like for her to stay but I don’t believe she will.

I agree,,,would love for her to stay one more year, but, no way I would tell her to not go into the draft,,,top five is an honor and usually leads to Olympic representation ultimately

Reactions: creekdipper
Imo, if Catchings (Indiana) wants her, they might have to trade up to get her! Atlanta is picking 3rd and the need a Wing player. They have also scouted her at a few games this year from what I have gathered. Hoping she falls to them at 4 is good but possibly making a move with Dallas to ensure they get her would be better imo.

Sounds like no matter what she’s going to end up on a team that’s in a bit of a rebuild. Have been a lot of coaching changes in the W the last few seasons.

I don’t watch the WNBA training camp and scouting stuff as much as I should.

SUGGGG !! I see she is is in our roster for training camp i hope we get Tash back BUT i hope we also keep her!
Me too, I think Sugg should make our final roster as well. I think it comes down to Stella, Jackie, and Sugg and because Sugg is the better defender of the three of them, I think she makes the team.

Sounds like no matter what she’s going to end up on a team that’s in a bit of a rebuild. Have been a lot of coaching changes in the W the last few seasons.

I don’t watch the WNBA training camp and scouting stuff as much as I should.
Imo Atlanta has the pieces to be a great team, just not sold on the coach.

Me too, I think Sugg should make our final roster as well. I think it comes down to Stella, Jackie, and Sugg and because Sugg is the better defender of the three of them, I think she makes the team.
Upset about losing Powers, but her star was bound to rise eventually. Minnesota is stacking up.

Same, I don’t think she’s got it. They’re probably going to have some ownership changes if they haven’t already. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them changing coaches after this coming season.
Really?? Atlanta's been tanking on purpose but was on track to do serious damage last season until Carter got injured. That coach is doing great imo.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Interesting how it seems that the caliber of coaching in the WNBA is significantly lower than the top college programs. I'm guessing the salaries in college are probably quite a bit higher.

Rennia staying for her "covid" season is a fan pipe dream. Honestly, we should be happy she did not go out early. She will be playing for Indiana and Catch next season (at least according to all the draft pick projections). Her stock is as high as it will get and playing an extra college season only brings injury risks. Staying would be great for the LVs but not so good for Rennia.

Interesting how it seems that the caliber of coaching in the WNBA is significantly lower than the top college programs. I'm guessing the salaries in college are probably quite a bit higher.

Organizational investment (colleges field them for both sexes), federal guidance and enforcement (Title IX), and parallel operation with men's basketball (in terms of salaries, TV contracts, and exposure). Women's basketball gets a boost from being run alongside men's basketball in the college environment. Pay for the men's game goes up, pay for the women's game has to follow that to some extent. TV contracts get awarded to the conferences, and more of that money gets claimed by agents working on behalf of their clients. Rising tide, boats, all that sort of thing. Additionally, the sport benefits from riding along on the March Madness train chugging along every March. There's built in advantages and in turn built in awareness that encourages higher pay. The WNBA doesn't have that. It's unstable, less respected in some ways, and just in general lacks the decades of consistent development and brand awareness that the college game enjoys. All that in turn leads to lower -- or perhaps more "variable" -- skill and talent across the board at the professional level.

VN Store

Back