ASGR recruiting classes rank

Recruiting has to get better. I don’t think some realize how our talent is actually dropping when Davis and Burrell are gone.

Losing Davis is going to hit hard. Real hard. Rae is great and Horston is improving but they aren’t enough. Next year is going to take some masterful coaching to be successful.

Losing Davis is going to hit hard. Real hard. Rae is great and Horston is improving but they aren’t enough. Next year is going to take some masterful coaching to be successful.

Year after next is a bigger problem. I think the 2021 class is solid and a big improvement over 2020. But she has to add an elite or two in 2022. And elite point and wing would be ideal.

Year after next is a bigger problem. I think the 2021 class is solid and a big improvement over 2020. But she has to add an elite or two in 2022. And elite point and wing would be ideal.

I agree. We need an athletic player who can create her own shot in the 22 class because Rae will be gone and Horston will be a senior. Two would be ideal but we need at least one in every class. What I like about the 21 class in at least 3 appear to be good shooters and we really need players who can routinely make open jumpers because defenses just sag on our guards, especially Salary.

Rating of incoming class depends on which service you like the best. ASGR 18, Prospect Nation 9, Hoopgurlz 14. As far as players only Davis is rated higher than all players in the class. Burrell was ranked 43 by one service and 116 by another service coming out of high school in Nevada. Striplin 35 and 45. Puckett 28 and 43. Wynn 62 and 62. Was once ranked in top 25 but fell when she left Tennessee to go to school in Texas. Miles is ranked in top 100 and was the top ranked player in Kentucky all last year haven't seen where she stands in the state rankings this season. Very solid class of players some excellent offensive players with high IQ play.

Rating of incoming class depends on which service you like the best. ASGR 18, Prospect Nation 9, Hoopgurlz 14. As far as players only Davis is rated higher than all players in the class. Burrell was ranked 43 by one service and 116 by another service coming out of high school in Nevada. Striplin 35 and 45. Puckett 28 and 43. Wynn 62 and 62. Was once ranked in top 25 but fell when she left Tennessee to go to school in Texas. Miles is ranked in top 100 and was the top ranked player in Kentucky all last year haven't seen where she stands in the state rankings this season. Very solid class of players some excellent offensive players with high IQ play.

We are 3-4 in the SEC this year and top 25 with Davis. Possibly the 2021 class can maintain that level. But, the point some are making is that to get back to challenging for final fours, we have to sprinkle in an elite player or two starting with the 2022 class when our two best shot creators are gone. The perennial top teams have multiple top 10 recruits in 2021. SC has 3 of the top 6.

We are 3-4 in the SEC this year and top 25 with Davis. Possibly the 2021 class can maintain that level. But, the point some are making is that to get back to challenging for final fours, we have to sprinkle in an elite player or two starting with the 2022 class when our two best shot creators are gone. The perennial top teams have multiple top 10 recruits in 2021. SC has 3 of the top 6.
No one builds it in two years usually takes four see what the next two classes looks like. Just because Tennessee has a history all was lost during the Holly era like starting over lots of competition for players. Took Dawn four seasons to get to the level she is recruiting at now. She is the only one in the SEC out recruiting us now. Every other class is below or no more than comparable to our 2021 class.

No one builds it in two years usually takes four see what the next two classes looks like. Just because Tennessee has a history all was lost during the Holly era like starting over lots of competition for players. Took Dawn four seasons to get to the level she is recruiting at now. She is the only one in the SEC out recruiting us now. Every other class is below or no more than comparable to our 2021 class.[/QUOT

Agree the next two are key.

Yea, people are remembering TN of old not where we are now. To get back to where we want to go is gonna be a process and it sucks and we do need top talent to get us there. hopefully Kellie can real in the players to get us there

Reactions: Volfan2012
Yea, people are remembering TN of old not where we are now. To get back to where we want to go is gonna be a process and it sucks and we do need top talent to get us there. hopefully Kellie can real in the players to get us there

Thank You for this post because some on this board don`t think so. There thinking is just recruit anyone that they think can play by never even stepping foot into a gym to watch that player.

Thank You for this post because some on this board don`t think so. There thinking is just recruit anyone that they think can play by never even stepping foot into a gym to watch that player.

Oh heck NO! haha we’ve seen what just recruiting top players without coaching did to us! We need top players WITH coaching no doubt! I think the 21 class gives us an upgrade with overall depth but I know we need some top talent ! my hope is that the players turn out like Rae and better than their ranking and can add to the team then win 2-4 top players we are back in business! Plus if we get more top talent and upgrade spots i’m all for it !

Oh heck NO! haha we’ve seen what just recruiting top players without coaching did to us! We need top players WITH coaching no doubt! I think the 21 class gives us an upgrade with overall depth but I know we need some top talent ! my hope is that the players turn out like Rae and better than their ranking and can add to the team then win 2-4 top players we are back in business! Plus if we get more top talent and upgrade spots i’m all for it !

Great post ! Also i think we need to start looking at a replacement for Key ? do she stay the 4 years ? i`m not sure Emily is the answer how about you.

Kellie has already recruited talent. Were they top 5, no. They are talented players that fit her system. There are a couple of posters who relentlessly post that we need top 5. Not necessarily so. We need talented players that fit the system. If they are top 5, great. If not, I wish them the best. Why would I, as a coach, recruit players that I could not win with? I don't have faith in a pay for position ranking system. I believe the most important part of recruiting is the personal evaluation by the staff, not by a service.

Great post ! Also i think we need to start looking at a replacement for Key ? do she stay the 4 years ? i`m not sure Emily is the answer how about you.

Emily can be a serviceable center but i would like the girl from NJ or even the young lady who just transferred schools in TN! I know a kellie is also in on a young lady from GA i can’t remember but i remember she got an offer.

so to answer your question i want another center ! lol

Kellie has already recruited talent. Were they top 5, no. They are talented players that fit her system. There are a couple of posters who relentlessly post that we need top 5. Not necessarily so. We need talented players that fit the system. If they are top 5, great. If not, I wish them the best. Why would I, as a coach, recruit players that I could not win with? I don't have faith in a pay for position ranking system. I believe the most important part of recruiting is the personal evaluation by the staff, not by a service.

We've been over this. Kellie IS recruiting top 5, she just isn't getting them. Her "system" players are simply the best players she is able to sign right now.

I'm not sure why with 17 seasons of marginally above-average results, there is this belief that Kellie is playing chess while other coaches are playing checkers...

We've been over this. Kellie IS recruiting top 5, she just isn't getting them. Her "system" players are simply the best players she is able to sign right now.

I'm not sure why with 17 seasons of marginally above-average results, there is this belief that Kellie is playing chess while other coaches are playing checkers...
wow

We've not finished talking about it. If you have nothing credible to offer, feel free to screw with people elsewhere.

VN Store

Back