Seed List

The committee needs to make some tweaks to their NET rating. At this point in the season Colgate should not be ranked in the top 10

Reactions: cardvolfan
Aside from adhering to the bracketing rules, the committee this year will be able to bracket the teams as close to their seed list as possible since distance/travel is not a factor. Should make for even better matchups if they do it right

Just like prior years, Duke won't leave the State of NC for the first 4 games. Of course, that's because they will be invited to the NIT.

Lunardi sucks. He’s the 55th “most” accurate bracketologists according to the matrix.

This guy is the most accurate. Has us as the last 5 seed
Seed List
Great. A 5-12 matchup which a 12 has won at least once in every tourney I think. Anyone thinks this time it would not be us making headline news after losing to a 12?

The title of this thread had me excited about preparing my garden . . . . Opps . . .

GBO

Reactions: VolnJC
1614886897613.png

I actually think we'd be about a 6 right now based on the above. I didn't delve into the quality of wins/losses since, but NET changes from Feb 13th to Mar 3rd should capture some of that.

Based on the bracket matrix. Made slight adjustments for bracket principles
Screenshot 2021-03-04 191929.png

A win over Florida on Sunday would be a great momentum builder for the SEC Tournament.

Do you have confidence in this team beating FL right now? I hope I’m wrong but this team has regressed and I give us less than 40% chance to win, and only that high if we catch lightning in the bottle with perimeter shooting or transition game.

I love my Vols, always will. And I hope they go all the way, but I have very little confidence as there is zero post play, inconsistent shooting and NO half court offense.

Do you have confidence in this team beating FL right now? I hope I’m wrong but this team has regressed and I give us less than 40% chance to win, and only that high if we catch lightning in the bottle with perimeter shooting or transition game.

I love my Vols, always will. And I hope they go all the way, but I have very little confidence as there is zero post play, inconsistent shooting and NO half court offense.
Yes I think we can beat Florida

I don’t think Florida has won in Knoxville since 2014. You would expect us to win that game Sunday, especially if Bailey is hitting shots and 8 days rest gets our legs back. What we don’t know is if this team will play with some motivation and sense of urgency that we have seen the past few weeks. Can Barnes get them motivated?

I’m going to go ahead and predict Florida beats us by at least 15 points Sunday. I love my basketvols but I have zero confidence in them beating anyone at this point. We have no shot at making the SEC Championship game and will probably be a 1 and done in the NCAA tourney. This team has lost it and they have to find it quickly. Hope I’m wrong but not counting on it.

Reactions: djohnnyg
A win over Florida on Sunday would be a great momentum builder for the SEC Tournament.
I don't see us beating Florida....in fact I don't see us winning another game this year. It's not what I want to happen as a fan....but just my take on what I've observed from this team and their current state. If I'm wrong im wrong....won't be the first time.

Reactions: Orange Raid
I don't like Barnes comments on Fulky. Says he "deserves" to still be heavily involved because of his "hard work and dedication." I'm sorry...but Fulk has lost whatever he had in the past and is an ineffective liability. It's coaching malpractice to continue to reward past accomplishments that are now over a year in the rearview. This isn't 6th grade tball where everyone wins and gets a trophy because they "try hard."

Reactions: Orange Raid
I don't like Barnes comments on Fulky. Says he "deserves" to still be heavily involved because of his "hard work and dedication." I'm sorry...but Fulk has lost whatever he had in the past and is an ineffective liability. It's coaching malpractice to continue to reward past accomplishments that are now over a year in the rearview. This isn't 6th grade tball where everyone wins and gets a trophy because they "try hard."

As bad as Fulk has been, he’s still a better option than Anosike and Uros

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back