Kevin Steele and Vols Officially Part Ways

It appears there's a handful of UTAD Kool Aid drinkers that owe me an apology when I called the UTAD on the stupidity of the size of this deal....

Won't hold my breath though
Would be a great price for an experienced SEC DC. Don’t give up...someone will beg you for forgiveness any sec.

Would be a great price for an experienced SEC DC. Don’t give up...someone will beg you for forgiveness any sec.

Yeah, considering that he was on Auburn's dime, we didnt have to pay him more than several of the assistants already on staff. It was stupid since the law firm was putting the final bows on Pruitt's termination the same time we were hiring Steele. We hired a guy to work for a coach and administration that we were actively trying to can.

I was right in January and I'm right now.

Yeah, considering that he was on Auburn's dime, we didnt have to pay him more than several of the assistants on staff. It was stupid since the law firm was putting the final bows on Pruitt's termination.

I argued with somebody who said that if he were promoted to DC, Auburn would sue us for paying too little. $450 k for an experienced DC is a bargain. That was the intent when he was hired. NO ONE knew Pruitt AND Fulmer would be gone...or even suspected. If Fulmer hadn’t been forced out, this was our new HC. Yes it sucks, but this was your OPINION then and revisionist spun knowledge now. Don’t cheat and breathe on us now! 😉

Yeah, considering that he was on Auburn's dime, we didnt have to pay him more than several of the assistants already on staff. It was stupid since the law firm was putting the final bows on Pruitt's termination the same time we were hiring Steele. We hired a guy to work for a coach and administration that we were actively trying to can.

Steele will be sending Fulmer a nice Christmas gift this year, I assume.

$900,000/50 days = $18,000 per day + recruiting travel expenses, etc.

Nicely done, Phil. With Phil Fulmer, VFL means "virtually f&#king lubeless"

I argued with somebody who said that if he were promoted to DC, Auburn would sue us for paying too little. $450 k for an experienced DC is a bargain. That was the intent when he was hired. NO ONE knew Pruitt AND Fulmer would be gone...or even suspected. If Fulmer hadn’t been forced out, this was our new HC. Yes it sucks, but this was your OPINION then and revisionist spun knowledge now. Don’t cheat and breathe on us now! 😉

He wasn't brought on as a DC but as an "unspecified assistant role" (the facts). Had he been promoted to DC, then yes, I'd agree with you and that poster. Until then, we paid him more than we had to based on what other schools do in a similar situation. I said it was yet another example of amateur hour in the UTAD, which it was.

The Legal firm was finishing their investigation and met with Pruitt and Pruitt's attorney for 7 hours the day after Steele was officially hired. If you dont think minds were already made up then...

Reactions: finn
Steele will be sending Fulmer a nice Christmas gift this year, I assume.

$900,000/50 days = $18,000 per day + recruiting travel expenses, etc.

Nicely done, Phil. With Phil Fulmer, VFL means "virtually f&#king lubeless"

No, Auburn will send us a nice Christmad card. It just reduces the amount they owe him.

No, Auburn will send us a nice Christmad card. It just reduces the amount they owe him.
True. That they're on the hook for $2.5M per year, though is only about $7000/day so we're the bigger suckers.

And, if anyone is listening who is an agent, I can coach QBs. I'm old, can barely walk, and probably use more ethanol than an Indy car...... but if you wanna pay me a ridiculous amount, I'll teach your QB about the West Coast Offense. 🙄

Reactions: rocytop2624

VN Store

Back