Strange seeing such a big guy at RB...

In modern offenses Dee can lineup at RB but can also split out wide and be threat as pass catcher. The big, tall and tough to get down guy can be your best weapon in spread type offenses where they can easily create a mismatch and defenses have to always account for them. No matter where he lines up, I hope they get him the ball.

He weighed more and was bulkier. I believe 235-240 ish?
Hurd seemed to lose his burst when he bulked up. I thought he was a better back as a freshman when he was lighter..

Edit: About Dee, IMO, not that he wouldn't be good on D, he can be much a more versatile weapon on offense. If he can catch, schematically you could line him up at three different positions. RB, TE and WR and create matchup problems for a defense..

Last edited:
Those who have watched Beckwith: how good are his hands?
How is he running and catching in pattern--not just wheel routes, but pass patterns?

Reactions: m1al
Those who have watched Beckwith: how good are his hands?
How is he running and catching in pattern--not just wheel routes, but pass patterns?
He caught the ball in high school some too. Catches it effortlessly. Big soft hands.
He played QB. Which means he's used to handling the football and has the feel of it.
Played basketball so he knows how to position his body to shield defenders away. Was a monster rebounder. He can jump out the gym and he's 6'5.
That's why he's so fast too. He has explosive muscle memory. He's a freak.

6'5 230 40 inch Vertical 4.4 40 yard dash.

but based off the video I’ve seen, Beckwith looks fast enough, natural, and tough to bring down. Unless they find other ways to get him the ball or he can be great on the defensive side of the bal, I hope he sticks at RB.
reciever would be a nightmare for db s ala Larry Sievers

I like this guy a lot! Even the one or two snaps he got in a game past year he looked good.

Shouldn't be anymore talk about moving him to the defense, moving him to TE. Hand him the ball and let him run people over!

Kyle Pitts is about to be a top 10 draft pick. And TEs like him, last a lot longer in the NFL than your average RB.

I think Dee should primary carry the football, but slowly gravitate towards being a pass catcher as college goes on for him.

Kyle Pitts ran routes with NFL receivers during pro day training. He's not really a TE, but he does everything a TE can do.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
That’s entering the low weight range of TE size, too. With the jumble at RB, plus his speed and ability to break tackles, I think he could be a nightmare matchup problem for defenses as our TE.
The team that everyone on this site uses as the measuring stick SEC foe we need to beat, also the ultimate rival for us older folks is Alabubba. They seem to do quite well using massive running backs that seem to end up and dominate in the NFL. They always seem to have at least one of those back in the rotation and they are used as a battering ram to wear out the defence.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back